Honda Accord: Grab Handle Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
1. Lower the grab handle (A), then insert a small flat-tip screwdriver into the notch.
2. Pull on the small flat-tip screwdriver with the appropriate trim tool (A), and remove the cap (B).
3. Pinch the clips (A) to release the hooks (B), then remove the grab handle (C).
4. Pinch the hooks on the clips (A) with a pair of pliers, and pull out the clips of the bracket.
5. If the side curtain airbag has deployed, replace the grab handle with a new one. (see page 24-208) 6. If the side curtain airbag has not deployed,inspect the grab handle for damage. A damaged grab handle may cause the side curtain airbags to deploy improperly, possibly causing injury. Replace the grab handle if it has any of the following damage: - Any cracks or damage in the grab handle (A).
- Any cracks or stress-whitening in the caps (B).
7. Install the clips (A) on the grab handle (B), then insert the caps (C) fully into the clips.
8. Position the grab handle (A) on the mounting bracket (B), and push on the grab handle until the clips (C) snap into place securely
Clutch Wave-plate Phase Difference
1. Place the clutch wave-plate (A) on a surface plate, and set a dial indicator (B) on the wave-plate. 2. Find the bottom (C) of a phase difference of the wave-plate, zero the dial indicator an ...
AM/FM Antenna Amplifier
1. Remove the C-pillar trim. вЂў 4-door (see page 20-110) вЂў 2-door (see page 20-110) 2. Disconnect the connectors (A) from the AM/FM antenna amplifier (B). 4-Door 2-Door 3. Remove ...
Brake Pedal Replacement
1. Disconnect the brake pedal position switch connector ( A ) . 2. Remove the lock pin (B) and the clevis pin (C). 3. Remove the brake pedal support member (D). 4. Remove the brake pedal bra ...