Honda Accord: Starter Removal and Installation
1 Do the battery removal procedure (see page 22-92).
2. Remove the intake manifold (see page 9-4).
3. Disconnect the positive starter cable (A) from the B terminal, and the S terminal connector (B).
1. Install the starter, then tighten the two bolts.
2. Install the harness clamp (A).
3. Connect the positive starter cable (B) to the B terminal, and the S terminal connector (C) Make sure the crimped side of the ring terminal faces away from the starter when you connect it.
4. Install the intake manifold (see page 9-6).
5. Do the battery installation procedure (see page 22-92).
6. Start the engine to make sure the starter works properly.
Starter Performance Test1. Remove the starter (see page 4-11). 2. Firmly clamp the starter in a vise. 3. Make a connection for this test using the thickest (gauge) wire possible (preferably the same gauge as used on ...
Starter OverhaulDisassembly/Reassembly Armature Inspection and Test 1. Remove the starter (see page 4-11). 2. Disassemble the starter as shown in the Exploded View. 3. Inspect the armature for wear or dama ...
Input Shaft (Mainshaft) Speed Sensor
1. Remove the nut securing the under-hood fuse/relay box, and swing it out of the way. 2. Remove the intake air duct and the air cleaner housing. 3. Disconnect the input shaft (mainshaft) spee ...