Honda Accord: Stall Speed Test
1. Wake sure the transmission fluid is filled to the proper level (see page 14-191).
2. Apply the parking brake, and block all four wheels.
3. Connect the HDS to the DLC (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard.
4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and go to the A/T Data List. Make sure the HDS communicates with the PCM. if it does not, go to the DLC circuit troubleshooting (see page 11-181).
5. Make sure the A/C switch is OFF.
6. Start the engine, and warm it up to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).
7. Shift to 2 while pressing the brake pedal firmly, then press the accelerator pedal for 6 to 8 seconds, and note the engine speed. Do not move the shift lever or take your foot off of the brake pedal, while raising the engine speed.
8. Allow 2 minutes for cooling, then repeat the test with the shift lever in D, 1, and R.
NOTE: -Do not test stall speed for more than 10 seconds at a time.
-Stall speed tests should be used for diagnostic purposes only.
-Stall speed test results should be the same in D, 2,1, and R.
-Do not test stall speed with the A/T oil pressure gauges installed.
Stall Speed rpm
Specification: 2,100 rpm
Service Limit: 1,950вЂ”2,250 rpm
S. if the stall speeds are out of the service limit, refer to the problems and probable causes listed in the table.
Road Test1. Apply the parking brake, and block both rear wheels. Start the engine, and warm it up to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on). 2. Shift to D while pressing the brake peda ...
Pressure TestSpecial Tools Required вЂўA/T Oil Pressure Gauge Set 07406-0020400 or 07406-0020401 вЂўA/T Pressure Hose, 2,210 mm 07MAJ-PY4011A вЂўA/T Pressure Adapter 07MAJ-PY40120 NOTE: -Disable ...
ATF Feed Pipe Replacement
1. Remove the snap rings (A), the ATF feed pipes (B), and the feed pipe flanges (C) from the end cover (D). NOTE: Replace the end cover, if the 1st clutch ATF feed pipe (E) replacement is require ...
HFL Switch Removal/Installation
1. Remove the steering wheel (see page 17-6). 2. Remove the HFL switch (see page 17-7). 3. Install the HFL switch in the reverse order of removal. ...
Idle Speed Inspection
NOTE: - Before checking the idle speed, check these items: - The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) has not been reported on, and there are no DTCs. - Ignition timing - Spark plug ...