Honda Accord: Replacing a Headlight Bulb
Your vehicle has halogen headlight bulbs. When replacing a bulb, handle it by its base, and protect the glass from contact with your skin or hard objects. If you touch the glass, clean it with denatured alcohol and a clean cloth.
Halogen headlight bulbs get very hot when lit. Oil, perspiration, or a scratch on the glass can cause the bulb to overheat and shatter.
High Beam Headlight
1. Open the hood.
To change a bulb on the passenger’s side, remove the engine coolant reserve tank by pulling it out of its stay.
On V6 models
To change a bulb on the driver’s side, undo the fastener and remove the air intake cover by pushing the tab.
Then remove the duct.
2. Remove the electrical connector from the bulb by pushing on the tab to unlock it, then slide the connector off the bulb.
3. Remove the bulb by turning it approximately one-quarter turn counterclockwise.
4. Install the new bulb, and turn it one-quarter turn clockwise to lock it in place.
5. Push the electrical connector onto the bulb.
6. Turn on the headlights to test the new bulb.
7. Driver’s side on V6 models
Reinstall the air intake cover and duct securely. Reinstall the fastener and secure it by pushing on the head until it locks.
Reinstall the engine coolant reserve tank.
Low Beam Headlight
1. To change the passenger’s side bulb, start the engine, turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, and turn off the engine. To change the driver’s side bulb, turn the steering wheel to the right.
2. Use a flat-tip screwdriver to remove the two holding clips from the inner fender.
3. Pull the inner fender cover away from the fender and bumper.
4. Remove the bulb by turning it approximately one-quarter turn counterclockwise.
5. Remove the electrical connector from the bulb by pushing on the tab to unlock it, then slide the connector off the bulb.
6. Install the new bulb, and turn it one-quarter turn clockwise to lock it in place.
7. Push the electrical connector onto the bulb.
8. Turn on the headlights to test the new bulb.
9. Put the inner fender cover in place.
Install the two holding clips. Lock each one in place by pushing on the center.
Special Tools Required - Clutch Alignment Disc 07JAF-PM7011A - Ring Gear Holder 07LAB-PV00100 or 07924-PD20003 - Clutch Alignment Tool Set 07PAF-0020000 - Clutch Alignment ...
Lubricants a n d Fluids
For the details of the lubrication points and the type of lubricants to be applied, refer to the illustrated index and the various work procedures (such as Assembly/Reassembly, Replacement Overhaul ...
Console Accessory Power Socket
NOTE: If all of the front and console accessory power sockets do not work, check the No. 1 8 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box and ground (G503) first. 1. Remove the center ...