Honda Accord: Radiator and A/C Condenser Fan Common Circuit Troubleshooting
NOTE: вЂў Do not use this troubleshooting procedure if only one fan is inoperative, or if the A/C compressor is inoperative. Refer to the symptom troubleshooting index.
вЂў Before doing symptom troubleshooting, check for powertrain DTCs (see page 11-3).
1. Check the No. 3 - 6 (MAIN FAN MTR) (30 A), No. 5 (20 A), and No. 21 (7.5 A) fuses in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and the No. 16 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box.
Are the fuses OK? YES
-Go to step 2.
-Replace the fuse(s), and recheck.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
3. Measure the voltage between the under-hood fuse/relay box connector B (14P) terminal No. 7 and body ground.
UNDER-HOOD FUSE/RELAY BOX CONNECTOR B (14P)
Wire side of female terminals
Is there battery voltage? YES
-Go to step 4.
-Replace the under-hood fuse/relay box (see page 22-85).
4. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
5. Jump the SCS line with the HDS.
NOTE: This step must be done to protect the engine control module/powertrain control module (ECM/PCM) from damage.
6. Disconnect ECM/PCM connector A (49P).
7. Connect the ECM/PCM connector A (49P) terminal No. 6 to body ground with a jumper wire.
ECM/PCM CONNECTOR A (49P)
Terminal side of female terminals
8. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
Do the A/C condenser and the radiator fans run? YES
-Check for loose wires or poor connections at ECM/PCM connector A (49P) terminal No. 6. If the connections are good, substitute a known-good ECM/PCM, and recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away, replace the original ECM/PCM (see page 11-204J.
Repair an open in the wire between the under-hood fuse/relay box and the ECM/PCM.
Master Cylinder Replacement
- Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; It may damage the paint. If brake fluid gets on the paint, wash It off Immediately with water. - Be careful not to damage or bend the brake lines dur ...
A/C Signal Circuit Troubleshooting
NOTE: вЂў If the blower motor does not run at all speeds, the A/C compressor will be inoperative. Run the self-diagnostic function, and check for DTC B1241. Before performing any other troubl ...
Check Fuel Cap Message
If your fuel fill cap is loose or missing, a ‘‘CHECK FUEL CAP’’ message appears on the information display after you start the engine. ...