Honda Accord: Parking Brake Cable Replacement
NOTE: - The parking brake cables must not be bent or distorted. This will lead to stiff operation and premature cable failure.
- Refer to the Exploded View as needed during this procedure.
1. Release the parking brake lever fully.
2. Loosen the parking brake cable adjusting nut (see page 19-8).
3. Remove the flange bolt (A) from the arm (B).
4. Disconnect the parking brake cable from the lever (C).
5. Remove the parking brake cable mounting hardware, then remove the cable.
6. Install the parking brake cable in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Be careful not to bend or distort the cable and boot (D).
- Make sure the clearance between the lower arm B and parking brake cable is more than 5 mm (0.20 in).
- Adjust the parking brake (see page 19-8).
Brake Hose ReplacementNOTE; - Before reassembling, cheek that all parts are free of dirt and other foreign particles. - Replace parts with new ones whenever specified to do so. - Do not spill brake fluid on the ve ...
Control Unit Input
1. Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover (see page 20-166). 2. Remove the screws, then disconnect the 28P connector (A) from the HandsFreeLink control unit (B). 3. Inspect the connector an ...
Changing the Set Speed
You can increase the set cruising speed in any of these ways: Press and hold the RES/ACCEL button. When you reach the desired cruising speed, release the button. Push on the accelerator peda ...
Regulator Valve Body Disassembly,
Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Clean all parts thoroughly in solvent and dry them with compressed air. Blow out all passages. 2. Inspect the valve body for scoring and damage. 3. Check all valves for free movement. If an ...