Honda Accord: Low Oil Pressure Indicator Circuit Troubleshooting (Short)
1. Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC) (see step 2 on page 11-3).
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
3. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM). If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
4. Check for DTCs (see page 11-3). If a DTC is present, diagnose, and repair the cause before continuing with this test.
5. Start the engine, and check the OIL PRESSURE SWITCH in the PGM-FI DATA LIST with the HDS.
Is OFF indicated? .
-Reolace the gauge control module (see page 22-351 ).
-Go to step 6.
6. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
7. Disconnect the oil pressure switch connector.
8. Start the engine, and check the OIL PRESSURE SWITCH in the PGM-FI DATA LIST with the HDS.
Is OFF indicated? - YES-Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), then go to step 9.
NO-Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), then go to step 10.
9. Check the oil pressure switch (see page 8-9).
Is the oil pressure switch OK? YES-Do the oil pressure test (see page 8-10).
NO-Replace the oil pressure switch (see page 8-9).
10. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and jump the SCS line with the HDS, then turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
NOTE: This step must be done to protect the ECM/PCM from damage.
11. Disconnect ECM/PCM connector B (49P).
12. Check for continuity between the oil pressure switch connector and body ground.
OIL PRESSURE SWITCH CONNECTOR '
Wire side of female terminal
Is there continuity? YES
-Repair short to ground in the wire between the oil pressure switch and ECM/PCM connector terminal B7.
-Update the ECM/PCM if it does not have the latest software (see page 11-203), or substitute a known-good ECM/PCM (see page 11-7), then recheck.
If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good ECM/PCM, replace the original ECM/PCM (see page 11 -204).
Change Lever Assembly Disassembly/Reassembly
NOTE: Prior to reassembling, clean all the parts in solvent, dry them, and apply grease to contact surfaces as shown. Do not wash the rubber parts with solvent. ...
To Play a Disc
To load or play discs, the ignition switch must be in the ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II) position. You operate the disc changer with the same controls used for the radio. To select the disc changer, ...
Adjusting the Power Mirrors
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position. 2. Move the selector switch to L (driver’s side) or R (passenger’s side). 3. Push the appropriate edge of the adjustment switch to ...