Honda Accord: Low Oil Pressure Indicator Circuit Troubleshooting (Short)
1. Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC) (see step 2 on page 11-3).
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
3. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM). If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
4. Check for DTCs (see page 11-3). If a DTC is present, diagnose, and repair the cause before continuing with this test.
5. Start the engine, and check the OIL PRESSURE SWITCH in the PGM-FI DATA LIST with the HDS.
Is OFF indicated? .
-Reolace the gauge control module (see page 22-351 ).
-Go to step 6.
6. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
7. Disconnect the oil pressure switch connector.
8. Start the engine, and check the OIL PRESSURE SWITCH in the PGM-FI DATA LIST with the HDS.
Is OFF indicated? - YES-Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), then go to step 9.
NO-Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), then go to step 10.
9. Check the oil pressure switch (see page 8-9).
Is the oil pressure switch OK? YES-Do the oil pressure test (see page 8-10).
NO-Replace the oil pressure switch (see page 8-9).
10. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and jump the SCS line with the HDS, then turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
NOTE: This step must be done to protect the ECM/PCM from damage.
11. Disconnect ECM/PCM connector B (49P).
12. Check for continuity between the oil pressure switch connector and body ground.
OIL PRESSURE SWITCH CONNECTOR '
Wire side of female terminal
Is there continuity? YES
-Repair short to ground in the wire between the oil pressure switch and ECM/PCM connector terminal B7.
-Update the ECM/PCM if it does not have the latest software (see page 11-203), or substitute a known-good ECM/PCM (see page 11-7), then recheck.
If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good ECM/PCM, replace the original ECM/PCM (see page 11 -204).
Power Window Master Switch Input
NOTE: Before testing, troubleshoot the multiplex integrated control unit first, using B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), open and clos ...
Intermediate Shaft Removal
1. Drain the transmission fluid. Reinstall the drain plug using a new sealing washer: -Manual transmission (see page 13-5) -Automatic transmission (see page 14-192) 2. Remove the right driveshaft ...
Pump Pressure Test w i th T/N 07406-0010001
Special Tools Required -Pump Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040111 or P/S Joint Adapter (pump) 07RAK-S040110 -Hose Joint Adapter 07RAK-S040122 -P/S Pressure Gauge 07406-0010001 Check the fluid pressure as ...