Honda Accord: Jump Starting
Although this seems like a simple procedure, you should take several precautions.
A battery can explode if you do not follow the correct procedure, seriously injuring anyone nearby.
Keep all sparks, open flames, and smoking materials away from the battery.
You cannot start your vehicle with an automatic transmission by pushing or pulling it.
To jump start your vehicle:
1. Open the hood, and check the physical condition of the battery.
In very cold weather, check the condition of the electrolyte. If it seems slushy or frozen, do not try jump starting until it thaws.
If a battery sits in extreme cold, the electrolyte inside can f reeze.
Attempting to jump start with a f rozen battery can cause it to rupture.
2. Turn off all the electrical accessories: heater, A/C, audio system, lights, etc. Put the transmission in neutral (manual) or Park (automatic), and set the parking brake.
The numbers in the illustrations show you the order to connect the jumper cables.
3. Connect one jumper cable to the positive ( + ) terminal on your battery. Connect the other end to the positive ( + ) terminal on the booster battery.
4. 4-cylinder models
Connect the second jumper cable to the negative ( - ) terminal on the booster battery. Connect the other end to the engine mounting bolt (automatic) or the transmission mounting bolt (manual), as shown. Do not connect this jumper cable to any other part of the engine.
Connect the second jumper cable to the negative ( - ) terminal on the booster battery. Connect the other end to the engine hanger as shown.
Do not connect this jumper cable to any other part of the engine.
5. If the booster battery is in another vehicle, have an assistant start that vehicle and run it at a fast idle.
6. Start the vehicle. If the starter motor still operates slowly, check that the jumper cables have good metal-to-metal contact.
7. Once your vehicle is running, disconnect the negative cable from your vehicle, then from the booster battery. Disconnect the positive cable from your vehicle, then from the booster battery.
Keep the ends of the jumper cables away from each other and any metal on the vehicle until everything is disconnected. Otherwise, you may cause an electrical short.
Idler Gear/Idler Gear Shaft
Special Tools Required -Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000 -Attachment, 32 x 35 mm 07746-0010100 1. Remove the snap ring from the idler gear/idler shaft assembly. Do not distort the snap ring. ...
If driving on snowy or frozen roads, mount all season marked M+S tires, snow tires, or tire chains; reduce speed; and maintain sufficient distance between vehicles when driving. Be particularly ...
Climate Control Switch
Communication Line Circuit
1. Operate the climate control system with the passenger's climate control switch in all modes. Does the climate control system operate? YES-lntermittent failure. Check for loose wires or poor c ...