Honda Accord: Ignition Timing Inspection
1. Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC) (see step 2 on page 11-3).
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
3. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM). If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
4. Check for DTCs (see page 11-3). If a DTC is present, diagnose and repair the cause before continuing with this test.
5. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm with no load (in N or P (A/T model) or neutral (M/T model)) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.
6. Check the idle speed (see page 11-292).
7. Jump the SCS line with the HDS.
NOTE: This step must be done to protect the ECM/PCM from damage.
8. Connect the timing light to the service loop (white tape).
9. Aim the light toward the pointer (A) on the cam chain case. Check the ignition timing under a no load condition (headlights, blower fan, rear window defogger, and air conditioner are turned off).
NOTE: The other pointer (C) is not used.
M/T model: 8 Р’В± 2 Р’В°BTDC (RED mark (B)) at idle in neutral
A/T model: 8 Р’В± 2 Р’В°BTDC (RED mark (BР’В» at idle in NorP
10. If the ignition timing differs from the specification, check the cam timing. If the cam timing is OK, update the ECM/PCM if it does not have the latest software (see page 11-203), or substitute a known-good ECM/PCM (see page 11-7), then recheck. If the system works properly, and the ECM/PCM was substituted, replace the original ECM/PCM (see page 11-204).
11. Disconnect the HDS and the timing light.
Receiving XM Radio Service
If your XM Radio service has expired or you purchased your vehicle from a previous owner, you can listen to a sampling of the broadcasts available on XM Radio. With the ignition switch in th ...
Passenger's Airbag Cutoff Indicator Replacement
1. With navigation: Remove the dashboard center vent (see page 20-178). 2. Without navigation: Remove the audio unit (see page 23-114). 3. Disconnect the 6P connector (A) from the passenger's ...
Evaporator Core Replacement
1. Recover the refrigerant with a recovery/recycIing/charging station (see page 21-80). 2. Remove the bolt from the A/C line clamp (A). 3. Remove the bolt, then disconnect the A/C line (A) fro ...