Honda Accord: Hood Latch Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the body or the related parts.
1. Remove the front grille cover: - 2-door (see page 20-274) - 4-door (see page 20-274) 2.4-door: Remove the hood latch cover (A).
-1. Detach the clips by pulling back the cover.
-2. Release the hook (B) by lowering the cover.
3. Remove the bolts, then remove the hood latch (A) from the body, and disconnect the hood opener cable (B) from the hood latch.
4. With hood latch switch: Disconnect the hood latch switch connector (C).
5. Install the latch in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Apply multipurpose grease to each location of the hood latch indicated by the arrows.
- Make sure the hood opener cable is connected properly and the hood latch switch connector is plugged in properly (for some models).
- Adjust the hood latch alignment (see step 4 on page 20-264).
- Make sure the hood opens properly and locks securely.
- 4-door: If the cover clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- 4-door: Push the cover clips into place securely.
If the Crankshaft is Already Installed 1. Set the crankshaft to bottom dead center (BDC) for each cylinder as its piston is installed. 2. Remove the connecting rod caps, then install the ring co ...
DTC Troubleshooting Index
* 1 : Brake system indicator turns ON when two or more wheels fail. *2: A/T * 1 : Brake system indicator turns ON when two or more wheels fail. *2: A/T * 1 : Brake system indicator turns ON ...
Lower Arm A Replacement
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13). 2. Remove the rear wheel. 3. Remove the parking brake cable mounting bolt (B). 4. Remove the lower arm A mounting bolts, then remove lower a ...