Honda Accord: Hood Latch Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the body or the related parts.
1. Remove the front grille cover: - 2-door (see page 20-274) - 4-door (see page 20-274) 2.4-door: Remove the hood latch cover (A).
-1. Detach the clips by pulling back the cover.
-2. Release the hook (B) by lowering the cover.
3. Remove the bolts, then remove the hood latch (A) from the body, and disconnect the hood opener cable (B) from the hood latch.
4. With hood latch switch: Disconnect the hood latch switch connector (C).
5. Install the latch in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Apply multipurpose grease to each location of the hood latch indicated by the arrows.
- Make sure the hood opener cable is connected properly and the hood latch switch connector is plugged in properly (for some models).
- Adjust the hood latch alignment (see step 4 on page 20-264).
- Make sure the hood opens properly and locks securely.
- 4-door: If the cover clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- 4-door: Push the cover clips into place securely.
Transmission Fluid Inspection and Replacement
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, and make sure it is securely supported. 2. Remove the front splash shield (see page 20-291). 3. Remove the oil filler plug (A) and the sealing washer (B), check ...
Intake Air Resonator
Removal / Installation
1. Do the battery removal procedure (see page 22-92). 2. Remove the air cleaner (see page 11-332). 3. Remove the battery base (A) 4. Remove the front grille cover. - 2-door (see page 2 ...
Airbag System Components
The front, front side, and side curtain airbags are deployed according to the direction and severity of impact. Both side curtain airbags are deployed in a rollover. The airbag system inclu ...