Honda Accord: Engine Oil Filter Replacement
Special Tools Required
Oil Filter Wrench 07 AAA-PLC A100
1. Drain the engine oil (see page 8-11).
2. Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
3. Inspect the filter to make sure the rubber seal is not stuck to the oil filter seating surface of the engine.
4. Inspect the threads (A) and the rubber seal (B) on the new filter. Clean the seat on the oil filter base, then apply a light coat of new engine oil to the filter rubber seal. Use only filters with a built-in bypass system.
5. Install the oil filter by hand.
6. After the rubber seal seats, tighten the oil filter clockwise with the oil filter wrench.
Tighten: 3/4 Turn Clockwise
Tightening Torque: 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 8.7 Ibf-ft)
7. If four numbers or marks (1 to 4 orto
are printed around the outside of the filter, use the following procedure to tighten the filter.
- Spin the filter on until its seal lightly seats against the oil filter base, and note which number or mark is at the bottom.
- Tighten the filter by turning it clockwise three numbers or marks from the one you noted. For example, if number 2 is at the bottom when the seal is seated, tighten the filter until the number 1 comes around the bottom.
8. Refill with new engine oil (see step 4 on page 8-11) then, run the engine for more than 3 minutes, then check for oil leaks.
Engine Oil Replacement1. Warm up the engine. 2 Remove the drain bolt (A), and drain the engine oil. 3. Reinstall the drain bolt with a new washer (B). 4. Refill the engine with the recommended oil (see page 3-2). ...
Oil Filter Base Replacement1. Remove the oil filter (see page 8-12). 2. Remove the exhaust pipe bracket (A), then remove the oil filter base (B). 3. Clean the O-ring grooves and the mating surface with the oil filter ba ...
Resuming the Set Speed
When you push the CANCEL button, or tap the brake or clutch pedal, the system will remember the previously set cruising speed. To return to that speed, accelerate to above 25 mph (40 km/h), ...
Front Seat Torsion Bar Replacement
2-door Driver's seat (manual height adjustable seat) NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to tear or damage the seat covers. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, ...