Honda Accord: Engine Oil Replacement
1. Warm up the engine.
2 Remove the drain bolt (A), and drain the engine oil.
3. Reinstall the drain bolt with a new washer (B).
4. Refill the engine with the recommended oil (see page 3-2).
Capacity ('08-вЂќ09 models) At Oil Change: 4.0 L (4.2 US qt) At Oil Change Including Filter: 4.2 L (4.4 US qt) After Engine Overhaul: 5.3 L (5.6 US qt) Capacity ('10 model) At Oil Change: 3.3 L (4.0 US qt) At Oil Change Including Filter: 4.0 L (4.2 US qt) After Engine Overhaul: 5.1 L (5.4 US qt)
5. Run the engine for more than 3 minutes, then check for oil leakage.
6. If the maintenance minder reguired engine oil replacement, reset the maintenance minder (see page 3-4), and this procedure is complete. If the maintenance minder did not reguire engine oil replacement, go to step 7.
7. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
8 Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC) (see step 2 on page 11-3).
9. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
10. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM). If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
11. Select GAUGES in the BODY ELECTRICAL with the HDS.
12. Select ADJUSTMENT in the GAUGES with the HDS.
13. Select MAINTENANCE MINDER in the ADJUSTMENT with the HDS.
14 Select RESET in the MAINTENANCE MINDER with the HDS.
15. Select RESETTING THE ENGINE OIL LIFE with the HDS.
NOTE: If you changed the automatic transmission fluid (ATF) at the same time with the engine oil, select RESETTING THE ENGINE OIL LIFE AND ATF with the HDS instead.
Engine Oil Lewel Check1. Park the vehicle on level ground, and start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm with no load (in N or P (A/T model) or Neutral (M/T model)) until the radiator fan comes on, then tur ...
Engine Oil Filter ReplacementSpecial Tools Required Oil Filter Wrench 07 AAA-PLC A100 1. Drain the engine oil (see page 8-11). 2. Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench. 3. Inspect the filter to make sure the ru ...
1. Inspect the gear and bearing contact areas for wear and damage, then measure the countershaft at points A, B, and C. If any part of the countershaft is less than the service limit, replace it. ...
Using Cruise Control
1. Push the CRUISE button on the steering wheel. The CRUISE MAIN indicator on the instrument panel comes on. The cruise control systemcan be left on, even when it is not in use. 2. Acceler ...