Honda Accord: Countershaft Disassembly
NOTE: Refer to the Exploded View in the Countershaft Reassembly, as needed, when removing components pressed onto the countershaft (see page 13-46).
1. Securely clamp the countershaft assembly In a bench vise with wood blocks.
2. Remove the special bolt (left-hand threads).
3. Support the ball bearing (A) on steel blocks (B), then use a press (C) and an attachment (D) to press the countershaft out of the ball bearing.
4. Remove the 35 mm shim and the distance collar.
5. Support 4th gear (A) on steel blocks (B), then use a press (C) and an attachment (D) to press the countershaft (E) out of 4th gear and 5th gear.
Countershaft Assembly Clearance Inspectiontightened to the specified torque (see page 13-46). 1. Measure the clearance between 1st gear (A) and the 1st gear distance collar (B) with a feeler gauge (C). - If the clearance exceeds the se ...
Countershaft Inspection1. Inspect the gear and bearing contact areas for wear and damage, then measure the countershaft at points A, B, and C. If any part of the countershaft is less than the service limit, replace it. ...
Front Door Glass Outer Weatherstrip
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the door. 1. Remove t h e s e Items: - Door panel - 2-door (see page 20-12) - 4-door (see page 20-17) - Plastic cover ...