Honda Accord: Countershaft Disassembly
NOTE: Refer to the Exploded View in the Countershaft Reassembly, as needed, when removing components pressed onto the countershaft (see page 13-46).
1. Securely clamp the countershaft assembly In a bench vise with wood blocks.
2. Remove the special bolt (left-hand threads).
3. Support the ball bearing (A) on steel blocks (B), then use a press (C) and an attachment (D) to press the countershaft out of the ball bearing.
4. Remove the 35 mm shim and the distance collar.
5. Support 4th gear (A) on steel blocks (B), then use a press (C) and an attachment (D) to press the countershaft (E) out of 4th gear and 5th gear.
Checking the Engine
If the engine does not start, check the starter. If you must start the vehicle immediately, use an assisting vehicle to jump start it. ...
Adjusting the Seat Positions
Adjust the driver's seat as far back as possible while allowing you to maintain full control of the vehicle. You should be able to sit upright, well back in the seat and be able to adequatel ...
Symptom Troubleshooting Index
When the vehicle has one of these symptoms, check for VSA diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) with the HDS. If there are no DTCs, do the diagnostic procedure for the symptom, in the sequence listed, ...