Honda Accord: Compass Calibration
The compass may need to be manually calibrated after exposure to a strong magnetic field. If the compass seems to be continually showing the wrong direction and is not self-calibrating, or the compass display is blinking with the CAL indicator on, do the following procedure.
NOTE: Do this procedure in an open area, away from buildings, power lines, and other vehicles.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
2. Press and hold the MENU button for about 5 seconds until you hear a beep. The display shows you the compass setting menu items.
3. Turn the selector knob to select ‘‘CALIBRATION.’’
4. Press the selector knob (ENTER) to enter your selection. The display shows you ‘‘PUSH CAL START.’’
While setting the compass, pressing the RETURN button will go back to the previous display.
Pressing the MENU button will cancel the compass setting mode.
5. Press the selector knob (ENTER).
The compass display is blinking and the CAL indicator is shown.
6. Drive the vehicle slowly in two complete circles.
When the calibration is successfully completed, the CAL indicator goes off and the compass display will stop blinking and show an actual heading.
The audio system is not related to the compass system. Even if the compass system is calibrating, the display returns to the normal display which you last selected.
Driving Position Memory System*
You can store two driver’s seat positions with the driving position memory system. When you unlock and open the driver’s door with a remote, the seat adjusts automatically to one of the two ...
Fuel Line/Quick-Connect Fitting
NOTE: Before you work on the fuel lines and fittings, read the Fuel Line/Quick-Connect Fitting Precautions (see page 11-313). 1. Check the contact area (A) of the line (B) for dirt or damage, an ...
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Clutch Reassembly
Special Tools Required Clutch Spring Compressor Set 07LAE-PX40000 NOTE: Hold the spring compressor in a vise with soft jaws. Be careful not to damage the clutch drum. 1 Soak the clutch discs tho ...