Honda Accord: Compass Calibration
The compass may need to be manually calibrated after exposure to a strong magnetic field. If the compass seems to be continually showing the wrong direction and is not self-calibrating, or the compass display is blinking with the CAL indicator on, do the following procedure.
NOTE: Do this procedure in an open area, away from buildings, power lines, and other vehicles.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
2. Press and hold the MENU button for about 5 seconds until you hear a beep. The display shows you the compass setting menu items.
3. Turn the selector knob to select ‘‘CALIBRATION.’’
4. Press the selector knob (ENTER) to enter your selection. The display shows you ‘‘PUSH CAL START.’’
While setting the compass, pressing the RETURN button will go back to the previous display.
Pressing the MENU button will cancel the compass setting mode.
5. Press the selector knob (ENTER).
The compass display is blinking and the CAL indicator is shown.
6. Drive the vehicle slowly in two complete circles.
When the calibration is successfully completed, the CAL indicator goes off and the compass display will stop blinking and show an actual heading.
The audio system is not related to the compass system. Even if the compass system is calibrating, the display returns to the normal display which you last selected.
Playing the FM/AM Radio (Models with navigation system)
Playing the FM/AM Radio (Models with navigation system) ...
Information Display The information display shows the odometer, trip meter, engine oil life, outside temperature (if equipped), and maintenance item code(s). To switch the display, press and ...
A/C Signal Circuit Troubleshooting
1. Start the engine, and let it idle. 2. Turn the blower switch on. 3. Turn the A/C switch on. 4. Check the A/C CLUTCH in the DATA LIST with the HDS. Does it indicate ON? YES-Go to step ...