Honda Accord: Compass Zone Selection
In most areas, there is a variation between magnetic north and true north. Zone selection is required so the compass can compensate for this variation. To check and select the zone, do this:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
2. Press and hold the MENU button for about 5 seconds until you hear a beep. The display shows you the compass setting menu items.
3. Turn the selector knob to select ‘‘ZONE.’’ Press the selector knob (ENTER) to enter your selection.
The display shows you the currently selected zone number.
4. Find the zone for your area on the map. If the correct zone is not shown, turn the selector knob to cycle the zone lists up or down.
If necessary, press the RETURN button to return to the previous display. Pressing the MENU button will cancel the compass setting mode.
5. Once the correct zone is displayed, press the selector knob. The display then returns to normal.
The audio system is not related to the compass system. Even if the compass system is in the zone setting mode, the display returns to the normal display which you last selected.
Symptom Troubleshooting Index
When the vehicle has one of these symptoms, check for VSA diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) with the HDS. If there are no DTCs, do the diagnostic procedure for the symptom, in the sequence listed, ...
The immobilizer system protects your vehicle from theft. If an improperly coded key (or other device) is used, the engine’s fuel system is disabled. When you turn the ignition switch to t ...
Shift Lever Installation
1. Install the shift lever assembly (A). Type A Shift Lever Type B Shift Lever 2. Connect the shift lock solenoid connector (B) and the park pin switch/A/T gear position indicator panel light ...