Honda Accord: A/C System Inspection
Before troubleshooting any problem with the air conditioning system, do the following: 1. With the ignition switch in LOCK (0), inspect the A/C components, the pressure lines and the hoses for stains that may indicate a refrigerant or a compressor oil leak.
2. Check the A/C condenser for material clogging the fins or for damage to the fins: РІР‚Сћ Carefully clean any material from the A/C condenser fins with water and detergent. If deeper cleaning is required, clean the fins with Hondabrite Motorcycle Cleaner (P/N 08732-0032).
РІР‚Сћ Be sure to dry the A/C condenser (A) completely.
РІР‚Сћ - Refer to the refrigerant leak test (see page 21-82) to confirm leaks if there is visible damage to the A/C condenser.
3. Inspect the drive belt (see page 4-29).
4. Make sure no material is blocking the airflow to the A/C condenser.
5. Check the dust and pollen filter, and replace it if it is clogged (see page 21-79).
6. Check for kinks or sharp bends in the A/C lines and hoses, which can greatly reduce system performance.
Replace the A/C lines and hoses if they are kinked or damaged (see page 21-7).
7. Start the engine, turn the air conditioning system on, and allow it to run for a few minutes and reach stable operation.
8. Check that the A/C operates at each position of the blower fan switch (except OFF). If the A/C does not operate, refer to the symptom troubleshooting.
9. Check that the A/C compressor clutch (A) is engaged.
The pressure plate should be rotating at the same c n a o r i Р’В»c t h e pii Hey. !f the prcecurР’В© plate does not engage, refer to the symptom troubleshooting.
10. Check that the cooling fans (B) operate when the A/C compressor clutch is engaged. If either fan fails to . operate when the A/C compressor clutch is engaged, refer to the symptom troubleshooting.
11. Check that the engine idle speed is correct when the A/C is switched on and off, and when the A/C compressor clutch is engaged and disengaged.
Adding Engine Oil
Unscrew and remove the engine oil fill cap on top of the valve cover. Pour in the oil slowly and carefully so you do not spill any. Clean up any spills immediately. Spilled oil could damage ...
Front Grille Replacement
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* * Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 Grille Replacement - 2-door NOTE: - Take care not to scratch th ...