Honda Accord: A/C System Inspection
Before troubleshooting any problem with the air conditioning system, do the following: 1. With the ignition switch in LOCK (0), inspect the A/C components, the pressure lines and the hoses for stains that may indicate a refrigerant or a compressor oil leak.
2. Check the A/C condenser for material clogging the fins or for damage to the fins: РІР‚Сћ Carefully clean any material from the A/C condenser fins with water and detergent. If deeper cleaning is required, clean the fins with Hondabrite Motorcycle Cleaner (P/N 08732-0032).
РІР‚Сћ Be sure to dry the A/C condenser (A) completely.
РІР‚Сћ - Refer to the refrigerant leak test (see page 21-82) to confirm leaks if there is visible damage to the A/C condenser.
3. Inspect the drive belt (see page 4-29).
4. Make sure no material is blocking the airflow to the A/C condenser.
5. Check the dust and pollen filter, and replace it if it is clogged (see page 21-79).
6. Check for kinks or sharp bends in the A/C lines and hoses, which can greatly reduce system performance.
Replace the A/C lines and hoses if they are kinked or damaged (see page 21-7).
7. Start the engine, turn the air conditioning system on, and allow it to run for a few minutes and reach stable operation.
8. Check that the A/C operates at each position of the blower fan switch (except OFF). If the A/C does not operate, refer to the symptom troubleshooting.
9. Check that the A/C compressor clutch (A) is engaged.
The pressure plate should be rotating at the same c n a o r i Р’В»c t h e pii Hey. !f the prcecurР’В© plate does not engage, refer to the symptom troubleshooting.
10. Check that the cooling fans (B) operate when the A/C compressor clutch is engaged. If either fan fails to . operate when the A/C compressor clutch is engaged, refer to the symptom troubleshooting.
11. Check that the engine idle speed is correct when the A/C is switched on and off, and when the A/C compressor clutch is engaged and disengaged.
Trunk Pass-through Lid Lock Cylinder
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 4-door NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the trunk pass-through l ...
Starter Removal and
Removal 1 Do the battery removal procedure (see page 22-92). 2. Remove the intake manifold (see page 9-4). 3. Disconnect the positive starter cable (A) from the B terminal, and the S terminal ...