Honda Accord: VTC Actuator, Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Replacement
1. Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62).
2. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft sprocket mounting bolt.
3. If the VTC actuator will be reused, do these steps.
-1. Remove the intake camshaft, and seal the retard holes in the No. 1 camshaft journal with tape and a wire tie (see step 6 on page 6-57).
-2. Seal one of the advance holes with tape (see step 7 on page 6-57).
-3. Apply air to the unsealed advance hole to release the lock (see step 8 on page 6-58).
-4. Remove the tape and adhesive residue from the No. 1 camshaft journal.
4. Remove the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
1. Install the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
NOTE: Install the VTC actuator while in the unlocked position.
2. Apply new engine oil to the threads of the VTC actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft mounting bolt, then install them.
3. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then tighten the bolts.
VTC Actuator Mounting Bolt:
12 x 1.25 mm
113 N-m (11.5 kgfm, 83 Ibf-ft)
Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Mounting Bolt:
72 N-m (7.3 kgfm, 53 Ibf-ft)
4. Hold the camshaft, and turn the VTC actuator clockwise until you hear it click. Make sure to lock the VTC actuator by turning it.
5. Install the cam chain (see page 6-64).
EX-L, EX-L PZEV models The automatic dimming Inside mirror has a front-facing lux level sensor (A), rear-facing lux level sensors (B), and a control unit. The control unit receives signals from ea ...
Carrier Bearing Replacement
Special Tools Required Driver Handle, 40 mm I.D. 07746-0030100 1. Check the carrier bearings for wear and rough rotation. If they rotate smoothly and their rollers show no signs of wear, the beari ...
HVAC Control Power and Ground
1. Check the No. 16 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/ relay box. Is the fuse OK? YES-Go to step 2. NO-Replace the fuse, and recheck. If the fuse blows again, check for a short in ...