Honda Accord: VTC Actuator, Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Replacement
1. Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62).
2. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft sprocket mounting bolt.
3. If the VTC actuator will be reused, do these steps.
-1. Remove the intake camshaft, and seal the retard holes in the No. 1 camshaft journal with tape and a wire tie (see step 6 on page 6-57).
-2. Seal one of the advance holes with tape (see step 7 on page 6-57).
-3. Apply air to the unsealed advance hole to release the lock (see step 8 on page 6-58).
-4. Remove the tape and adhesive residue from the No. 1 camshaft journal.
4. Remove the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
1. Install the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
NOTE: Install the VTC actuator while in the unlocked position.
2. Apply new engine oil to the threads of the VTC actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft mounting bolt, then install them.
3. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then tighten the bolts.
VTC Actuator Mounting Bolt:
12 x 1.25 mm
113 N-m (11.5 kgfm, 83 Ibf-ft)
Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Mounting Bolt:
72 N-m (7.3 kgfm, 53 Ibf-ft)
4. Hold the camshaft, and turn the VTC actuator clockwise until you hear it click. Make sure to lock the VTC actuator by turning it.
5. Install the cam chain (see page 6-64).
Radio Data System (RDS)
On the FM band, you can select a favorite station and display the program service name provided by the radio data system (RDS). RDS INFO Display The RDS INFO display function shows the name ...
Close and Lock the Doors
After everyone has entered the vehicle, be sure the doors are closed and locked. Your vehicle has a door and trunk open indicator on the instrument panel to indicate when a specific door ...
Information Display The information display shows the odometer, trip meter, engine oil life, outside temperature (if equipped), and maintenance item code(s). To switch the display, press and ...