Honda Accord: VTC Actuator, Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Replacement
1. Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62).
2. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft sprocket mounting bolt.
3. If the VTC actuator will be reused, do these steps.
-1. Remove the intake camshaft, and seal the retard holes in the No. 1 camshaft journal with tape and a wire tie (see step 6 on page 6-57).
-2. Seal one of the advance holes with tape (see step 7 on page 6-57).
-3. Apply air to the unsealed advance hole to release the lock (see step 8 on page 6-58).
-4. Remove the tape and adhesive residue from the No. 1 camshaft journal.
4. Remove the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
1. Install the VTC actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket.
NOTE: Install the VTC actuator while in the unlocked position.
2. Apply new engine oil to the threads of the VTC actuator mounting bolt and the exhaust camshaft mounting bolt, then install them.
3. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then tighten the bolts.
VTC Actuator Mounting Bolt:
12 x 1.25 mm
113 N-m (11.5 kgfm, 83 Ibf-ft)
Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket Mounting Bolt:
72 N-m (7.3 kgfm, 53 Ibf-ft)
4. Hold the camshaft, and turn the VTC actuator clockwise until you hear it click. Make sure to lock the VTC actuator by turning it.
5. Install the cam chain (see page 6-64).
Wheel Bearing End Play Inspection
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13). 2. Remove the wheels. 3 . Install suitable flat washers (A) and the wheel nuts. Tighten the nuts to the specified torque to hold the brake d ...
The heating and air conditioning system in your vehicle provides a comfortable driving environment in all weather conditions. The standard audio system has many features. This section descr ...
2-door NOTE: When removing emblems/sticker, take care not to scratch the body. 1. To remove the front "H" emblem, remove the front bumper (see page 20-255). 2. Clean the body surfaces ...