Honda Accord: Cylinder Head Inspection for Warpage
1. Remove the cylinder head (see page 6-76).
2. Inspect the camshaft (see page 6-84).
3. Check the cylinder head for warpage. Measure along the edges, and three ways across the center.
- If warpage is less than 0.05 mm (0.002 in) cylinder head resurfacing is not required.
- If warpage is between 0.05 mm (0.002 in) and 0.2 mm (0.008 in), resurface the cylinder head.
- The maximum resurface limit is 0.2 mm (0.008 in) based on a height of 104 mm (4.09 in).
Cylinder Head Height
Standard (New): 103.95-104.05 mm
Service Limit: 103.8 mm (4.087 in)