Honda Accord: Rearview Mirror Harness Cover Base Replacement
4-door with Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror
NOTE: t Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Wear eye protection while cutting the glass adhesive with piano wire.
1. Remove these items: - Rearview mirror (see page 20-65) - Headliner (see page 20-140) 2. Carefully cut through adhesive tape under the rearview mirror harness cover base using the piano wire, then remove the base.
3. Scrape off all of the old adhesive tape with a putty knife from the windshield. Clears the bonding ci;rfc;cc on the inside face of the windshield with isopropyl alcohol. Make sure the bonding surface is kept free of water, oil and grease.
4. If you are reinstalling the old rearview mirror harness cover base (A), scrape off all of old adhesive tape from the base with a putty knife. Clean the base surface with isopropyl alcohol. Apply primer to the base as shown, and attach adhesive tape (B) to the base.
Adhesive tape: Thickness 0.8 mm (0.031 in)
Width 7 mm (0.28 in)
5. Before installing the rearview mirror harness cover base, apply glass primer to the area where the harness cover base will be applied to the inside face of the windshield. Let the primer dry at least 10 minutes, then attach the mirror to the windshield within 12 hours.
6. Attach the rearview mirror harness cover base (A) with adhesive tape (B) to the inside face of the windshield as shown, then press adhesive areas into place securely.
7. Reinstall all remaining removed parts.
Transmission Type 88E5: 5-speed Manual B90A: 5-speed Automatic Serial Number 3000001-: B90A 8400001-: 88E5 ...
ATF Pump Inspection
1. Install the ATF pump drive gear (A), the driven gear (B), and the ATF pump driven gear shaft (C) in the main valve body (D). Lubricate all parts with ATF, and install the ATF pump driven gear wi ...
Washer Tube Replacemen
1. Remove the right front inner fender (see page 20-290). 2. Remove the windshield washer nozzles and clips, then remove the tubes. *1:USA models *2: Canada models 3. Install in the reverse or ...