Honda Accord: Rearview Mirror Harness Cover Base Replacement
4-door with Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror
NOTE: t Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Wear eye protection while cutting the glass adhesive with piano wire.
1. Remove these items: - Rearview mirror (see page 20-65) - Headliner (see page 20-140) 2. Carefully cut through adhesive tape under the rearview mirror harness cover base using the piano wire, then remove the base.
3. Scrape off all of the old adhesive tape with a putty knife from the windshield. Clears the bonding ci;rfc;cc on the inside face of the windshield with isopropyl alcohol. Make sure the bonding surface is kept free of water, oil and grease.
4. If you are reinstalling the old rearview mirror harness cover base (A), scrape off all of old adhesive tape from the base with a putty knife. Clean the base surface with isopropyl alcohol. Apply primer to the base as shown, and attach adhesive tape (B) to the base.
Adhesive tape: Thickness 0.8 mm (0.031 in)
Width 7 mm (0.28 in)
5. Before installing the rearview mirror harness cover base, apply glass primer to the area where the harness cover base will be applied to the inside face of the windshield. Let the primer dry at least 10 minutes, then attach the mirror to the windshield within 12 hours.
6. Attach the rearview mirror harness cover base (A) with adhesive tape (B) to the inside face of the windshield as shown, then press adhesive areas into place securely.
7. Reinstall all remaining removed parts.
PCV Valve Inspection
1. Check the PCV valve (A), hoses (B), and connections for leaks or restrictions. 1.PCV valve when the hose between the PCV valve and intake manifold is lightly pinched (A) with your fingers or ...
Control Unit Input Test
NOTE: Before testing, troubleshoot the multiplex integrated control unit first, using B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). Driver's MICU 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), ...