Honda Accord: Oil Jet Replacement
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-17).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Remove the oil jet bolts (A), then remove the oil jets (B).
4. Carefully install the oil jets, and tighten the oil jet bolts.
5. Install the baffle plate (see step 25 on page 7-29).
6. Install the oil pump (see page 8-23).
Oil Jet Inspection
1. Remove the oil jet (see page 8-14), and inspect it as follows.
- Make sure that a 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter drill will go through the nozzle hole (A) (1.31 mm (0.052 in) diameter).
- Insert the other end of a 1.9 mm (0.07 in) drill into the oil intake (2.0 mm (0.079 in) diameter). Make sure the check ball (B) moves smoothly and has a stroke of about 2.0 mm (0.079 in).
- Check the oil jet operation with an air nozzle. It should take at least 325 kPa (3.9 kgf/cm2,47psi) to unseat the check ball.
NOTE: Replace the oil jet assembly, if the nozzle is damaged or bent.
2. Carefully install the oil jet. The mounting torque is critical.
Specified Torque: 16 N-m (1.6 kgf-m, 12 Ibfft)
A/T Gear Position Indicator Panel Light
Type A Shift Lever NOTE: The A/T gear position indicator panel light harness and the park pin switch are not available separately. Replace the A/T gear position indicator panel light harness and t ...
One of the best ways to enhance the enjoyment of your new vehicle is to read this manual. In it, you will learn how to operate its driving controls and convenience items. Afterwards, keep this own ...
Label Locations These labels are in the locations shown. They warn you of potential hazards that can cause serious injury or death. Read these labels carefully. If a label comes off or becomes h ...