Honda Accord: Oil Jet Replacement
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-17).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Remove the oil jet bolts (A), then remove the oil jets (B).
4. Carefully install the oil jets, and tighten the oil jet bolts.
5. Install the baffle plate (see step 25 on page 7-29).
6. Install the oil pump (see page 8-23).
Oil Jet Inspection
1. Remove the oil jet (see page 8-14), and inspect it as follows.
- Make sure that a 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter drill will go through the nozzle hole (A) (1.31 mm (0.052 in) diameter).
- Insert the other end of a 1.9 mm (0.07 in) drill into the oil intake (2.0 mm (0.079 in) diameter). Make sure the check ball (B) moves smoothly and has a stroke of about 2.0 mm (0.079 in).
- Check the oil jet operation with an air nozzle. It should take at least 325 kPa (3.9 kgf/cm2,47psi) to unseat the check ball.
NOTE: Replace the oil jet assembly, if the nozzle is damaged or bent.
2. Carefully install the oil jet. The mounting torque is critical.
Specified Torque: 16 N-m (1.6 kgf-m, 12 Ibfft)
If the vehicle needs to be towed, call a professional towing service. Never tow the vehicle behind another vehicle with just a rope or chain It is very dangerous. Emergency Towing There are three ...
Cam Chain Installation
Special Tools Required Camshaft Lock Pin Set 07AAB-RWCA120 NOTE: - Keep the cam chain away from magnetic fields. - Before doing this procedure, check that the variable valve timing control (VTC ...
If equipped Turn the fog lights on and off by turning the switch next to the headlight switch. You can use the fog lights only when the headlights are on low beam. With the light switch in ...