Honda Accord: Oil Jet Replacement
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-17).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Remove the oil jet bolts (A), then remove the oil jets (B).
4. Carefully install the oil jets, and tighten the oil jet bolts.
5. Install the baffle plate (see step 25 on page 7-29).
6. Install the oil pump (see page 8-23).
Oil Jet Inspection
1. Remove the oil jet (see page 8-14), and inspect it as follows.
- Make sure that a 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter drill will go through the nozzle hole (A) (1.31 mm (0.052 in) diameter).
- Insert the other end of a 1.9 mm (0.07 in) drill into the oil intake (2.0 mm (0.079 in) diameter). Make sure the check ball (B) moves smoothly and has a stroke of about 2.0 mm (0.079 in).
- Check the oil jet operation with an air nozzle. It should take at least 325 kPa (3.9 kgf/cm2,47psi) to unseat the check ball.
NOTE: Replace the oil jet assembly, if the nozzle is damaged or bent.
2. Carefully install the oil jet. The mounting torque is critical.
Specified Torque: 16 N-m (1.6 kgf-m, 12 Ibfft)
Seat Belt Maintenance
For safety, you should check the condition of your seat belts regularly. Pull each belt out fully, and look for frays, cuts, burns, and wear. Check that the latches work smoothly and the belt ...
ThreeWay Catalytic Converters
The three way catalytic converters contain precious metals that serve as catalysts, promoting chemical reactions to convert the exhaust gasses without affecting the metals. The catalytic conv ...
Cam Chain Removal
NOTE: Keep the cam chain away from magnetic fields. 1. Remove the front wheels. 2. Remove the splash shield (see step 25 on page 5-5). 3. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30). 4. Remove t ...