Honda Accord: Oil Jet Replacement
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-17).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Remove the oil jet bolts (A), then remove the oil jets (B).
4. Carefully install the oil jets, and tighten the oil jet bolts.
5. Install the baffle plate (see step 25 on page 7-29).
6. Install the oil pump (see page 8-23).
Oil Jet Inspection
1. Remove the oil jet (see page 8-14), and inspect it as follows.
- Make sure that a 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter drill will go through the nozzle hole (A) (1.31 mm (0.052 in) diameter).
- Insert the other end of a 1.9 mm (0.07 in) drill into the oil intake (2.0 mm (0.079 in) diameter). Make sure the check ball (B) moves smoothly and has a stroke of about 2.0 mm (0.079 in).
- Check the oil jet operation with an air nozzle. It should take at least 325 kPa (3.9 kgf/cm2,47psi) to unseat the check ball.
NOTE: Replace the oil jet assembly, if the nozzle is damaged or bent.
2. Carefully install the oil jet. The mounting torque is critical.
Specified Torque: 16 N-m (1.6 kgf-m, 12 Ibfft)
Special Tools Required - Engine Support Hanger, A and Reds AAR-T1256* - Engine Hanger Adapter VSB02C000015* - Subframe Adapter VSB02C000016* - Subframe Alignment Pin 070AG-SJAA10S *: Are availabl ...
Trunk Pass-through Lid Lock Cylinder
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 4-door NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the trunk pass-through l ...
USB Flash Memory Device Error Messages
If you see an error message on the audio display while playing a USB flash memory device, find the solution in the chart to the right. If you cannot clear the error message, take your vehicl ...