Honda Accord: Grab Handle Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
1. Lower the grab handle (A), then insert a small flat-tip screwdriver into the notch.
2. Pull on the small flat-tip screwdriver with the appropriate trim tool (A), and remove the cap (B).
3. Pinch the clips (A) to release the hooks (B), then remove the grab handle (C).
4. Pinch the hooks on the clips (A) with a pair of pliers, and pull out the clips of the bracket.
5. If the side curtain airbag has deployed, replace the grab handle with a new one. (see page 24-208) 6. If the side curtain airbag has not deployed,inspect the grab handle for damage. A damaged grab handle may cause the side curtain airbags to deploy improperly, possibly causing injury. Replace the grab handle if it has any of the following damage: - Any cracks or damage in the grab handle (A).
- Any cracks or stress-whitening in the caps (B).
7. Install the clips (A) on the grab handle (B), then insert the caps (C) fully into the clips.
8. Position the grab handle (A) on the mounting bracket (B), and push on the grab handle until the clips (C) snap into place securely
Rear Air Outlet Replacement
NOTE: Take care not to scratch the body. 1_ Remove the rear bumper (see page 20-260). 2. Release the hooks (A), then remove the rear air outlet (B). 3. Install the air outlet by pushing on t ...
Lower Arm Removal / Installation
Special Tools Required - Ball Joint Thread Protector, 14 mm 07AAE-SJAA100 - Ball Joint Remover, 28 mm 07MAC-SL0A202 - Bushing Driver 070AF-TA0A100 - Bushing Receiver Set 070AF-TA0A220 Removal/Ins ...
Door Key Cylinder Switch Test
1. Remove the driver's door panel (see page 20-17). 2. Disconnect the 10P connector (A) from the door lock actuator (key cylinder switch) (B). 3. Check for continuity between the terminals. ...