Honda Accord: Installing a Child Seat with a Lap/Shoulder Belt
When not using the LATCH system, all child seats must be secured to the vehicle with the lap part of a lap/ shoulder belt.
In addition, the lap/shoulder belts in all seating positions except the driver’s have a lockable retractor that must be activated to secure a child seat.
1. With the child seat in the desired seating position, route the belt through the child seat according to the seat maker’s instructions, then insert the latch plate into the buckle and remove any slack from the lap portion of the belt.
2. To activate the lockable retractor, slowly pull the shoulder part of the belt all the way out until it stops, then let the belt feed back into the retractor.
3. After the belt has retracted, tug on it. If the belt is locked, you will not be able to pull it out. If you can pull the belt out, it is not locked, and you will need to repeat these steps.
4. After confirming that the belt is locked, grab the shoulder part of the belt near the buckle, and pull up to remove any slack from the lap part of the belt. Remember, if the lap part of the belt is not tight, the child seat will not be secure.
To remove slack, it may help to put weight on the child seat, or push on the back of the seat while pulling up on the belt.
5. Push and pull the child seat forward and from side-to-side to verify that it is secure enough to stay upright during normal driving maneuvers. If the child seat is not secure, unlatch the belt, allow it to retract fully, then repeat these steps.
To deactivate the lockable retractor and remove a child seat, unlatch the buckle, unroute the seat belt, and let the belt fully retract.
Instrument Panel Brightness
The select/reset knob on the instrument panel controls the brightness of the instrument panel lights. Turn the knob to adjust the brightness with the ignition switch in the ON (II) positio ...
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to bend or scratch the headliner. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage. 1. ...
Intermediate Shaft Reassembly
Exploded View Special Tools Required -Oil Seal Driver 07GAD-PH70201 -Half Shaft Base 07NAF-SR30101 -Attachment 52 x 55 mm 07746-0010400 -Attachment 35 mm I.D. 07746-0030400 -Driver Handle, 15 ...