Honda Accord: Driving
This section gives you tips on starting the engine under various conditions, and how to operate the manual and automatic transmissions.
It also includes important information on parking your vehicle, the braking system, the vehicle stability assist (VSA ) system, the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS), and facts you need if you are planning to tow a trailer.
- Preparing to Drive
- Starting the Engine
- Manual Transmission
- Automatic Transmission
- Driving with the Paddle Shifters (Automatic Transmission Only)
- Braking System
- Anti-lock Brakes (ABS)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA ), aka Electronic Stability Control (ESC), System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Towing a Trailer
Additional Safety Precautions
Two people should never use the same seat belt. If they do, they could be very seriously injured in a crash. Do not put any accessories on seat belts. Devices intended to improve occupant comf ...
Closing Force and Opening Drag
1. Remove the headliner (see page 20-140). 2. Closing force check: - Cover the leading edge of the glass (A) with a shop towel (B), and attach a spring scale (C) as shown. - Have an assistant ...
Fuel Tank Draining
1. Remove the fuel tank unit (see page 11 -320). 2. Using a hand pump, a hose, and a container suitable for fuel, draw the fuel from the fuel tank. 3. Reinstall the fuel tank unit (see page 11- ...