Honda Accord: Drive Belt Auto-tensioner Inspection
Special Tools Required
Belt Tension Release Tool Snap-on YA9317 or equivalent, commercially available
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and make sure to turn the A/C switch OFF. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
2. Check the position of the auto-tensioner indicator's pointer (A). Start the engine, then check the position again with the engine idling. If the position of the indicator moves or fluctuates very much, replace the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31).
3. Check for abnormal noise from the tensioner pulley. If you hear abnormal noise, replace the auto-tensioner pulley (see page 4-32).
4. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30).
5. Move the auto-tensioner within its limit with the belt tension release tool in the direction of the rotation arrow. Check that the auto-tensioner moves smoothly and without any abnormal noise. If the auto-tensioner does not move smoothly, or if you hear abnormal noise, replace the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31).
6. Remove the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31).
7. Clamp the auto-tensioner (A) by using two 8 mm bolts (B) and a vise (C) as shown. Do not clamp the auto-tensioner itself.
8. Attach the torque wrench (D) on the pulley bolt, and align it as shown.
9. Align the auto-tensioner indicator's pointer (E) on the auto-tensioner base with Max. belt position mark (F) on the auto-tensioner arm by using the torque wrench, and measure the torque. If the torque value is out of specification, replace the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31).
NOTE: If the auto-tensioner indicator's pointer exceeds the Max. belt position mark, recheck the torque.
Auto-tensioner Spring Torque: 33.1 - 4 0 . 5 N-m (3.38-4.13 kgf-m, 24.4-29.9 Ibfft)
Oil Pump Chain Replacement
NOTE: Keep the oil pump chain away from magnetic fields. Removal 1. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30). 2. Remove the oil pan (see page 7-11). 3. Support the engine with a jack and a wood ...
Shift Solenoid Valve Removal and
NOTE: -Do not hold the shift solenoid valve connector to remove and to install the shift solenoid valves. Hold the shift solenoid valve b o d y . -Do not install the shift solenoid valve A before ...
Warm Up TWC Removal/Installation
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift. 2. Remove the secondary H02S (Sensor 2) (see page 11-197). 3. Remove the bolts (A). 4. Remove the WU-TWC bracket (B). 5. Lower the vehicle. 6. Remove th ...