Honda Accord: Drive Belt Auto-tensioner Inspection
Special Tools Required
Belt Tension Release Tool Snap-on YA9317 or equivalent, commercially available
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and make sure to turn the A/C switch OFF. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
2. Check the position of the auto-tensioner indicator's pointer (A). Start the engine, then check the position again with the engine idling. If the position of the indicator moves or fluctuates very much, replace the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31).
3. Check for abnormal noise from the tensioner pulley. If you hear abnormal noise, replace the auto-tensioner pulley (see page 4-32).
4. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30).
5. Move the auto-tensioner within its limit with the belt tension release tool in the direction of the rotation arrow. Check that the auto-tensioner moves smoothly and without any abnormal noise. If the auto-tensioner does not move smoothly, or if you hear abnormal noise, replace the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31).
6. Remove the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31).
7. Clamp the auto-tensioner (A) by using two 8 mm bolts (B) and a vise (C) as shown. Do not clamp the auto-tensioner itself.
8. Attach the torque wrench (D) on the pulley bolt, and align it as shown.
9. Align the auto-tensioner indicator's pointer (E) on the auto-tensioner base with Max. belt position mark (F) on the auto-tensioner arm by using the torque wrench, and measure the torque. If the torque value is out of specification, replace the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31).
NOTE: If the auto-tensioner indicator's pointer exceeds the Max. belt position mark, recheck the torque.
Auto-tensioner Spring Torque: 33.1 - 4 0 . 5 N-m (3.38-4.13 kgf-m, 24.4-29.9 Ibfft)
To use a coat hook, pull it down. Close it with a firm push. Make sure the coat hook is closed when you are not using it. This hook is not designed for large or heavy items. ...
Taillight and Back-Up Light Bulbs
When replacing, use the following bulbs. 1. Remove the holding clips using a flat-tip screwdriver, then pull the lining back. 2. Turn the socket to the left and remove it. 3. Remove the ol ...
Knock Sensor Replacement
1. Remove the intake manifold (see page 9-4). 2. Disconnect the knock sensor connector (A). 3. Remove the knock sensor (B). 4. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal. ...