Honda Accord: Differential Carrier/Final Driven Gear Replacemen
1. Loosen the bolts in a crisscross pattern in several
steps, then remove the bolts and the final driven gear
(A) from the differential carrier (B).
2. Install the final driven gear with the chamfer on the
inside diameter facing the carrier. Tighten the bolts in
a crisscross pattern in several steps.
1. Place the differential assembly on V-blocks (A), and
install the intermediate shaft (B) and the left driveshaft
2. Measure the backlash of both pinion gears (D) with a
dial indicator (E) ...
Special Tools Required
Driver Handle, 40 mm I.D. 07746-0030100
1. Check the carrier bearings for wear and rough
rotation. If they rotate smoothly and their rollers show
no signs of wear, the beari ...