Honda Accord: Dashboard Side Vent Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
* Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE; - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related parts.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- The driver's side vent is shown; the passenger's side vent is similar.
1. Remove these items: - Driver's side: Driver's outer dashboard trim (see page 20-167) - Passenger's side: Passenger's dashboard trim (see page 20-173) - Passenger's side: Passenger's dashboard side panel (see step 6 on page 20-175) 2. Driver's side: Open the front door, and remove the driver's dashboard side panel (A).
-1. Pull out the front door opening seal (B) as needed.
-2. Gently pry the rear edge of the panel with the appropriate trim tool to detach the clips and release the hooks (C, D).
3. Remove the screw. Pull out the dashboard side vent (A) to detach the clips, then remove the vent.
4. Install the side vent in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely.
Countershaft Reverse Selector Hub and
3rd Gear Removal
1. Install a commercially available bearing separator on 4th gear (A). Set the countershaft (B) on a press with a spacer (C) between the press and the countershaft, and remove the reverse selector ...
One of the best ways to enhance the enjoyment of your new vehicle is to read this manual. In it, you will learn how to operate its driving controls and convenience items. Afterwards, keep this own ...
Setting the Clock
On models without navigation system To set the time, press the CLOCK button until you hear a beep. The displayed time begins to blink. Change the hours by pressing the H (hour) button until th ...