Honda Accord: Dashboard Side Vent Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014*
* Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE; - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related parts.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- The driver's side vent is shown; the passenger's side vent is similar.
1. Remove these items: - Driver's side: Driver's outer dashboard trim (see page 20-167) - Passenger's side: Passenger's dashboard trim (see page 20-173) - Passenger's side: Passenger's dashboard side panel (see step 6 on page 20-175) 2. Driver's side: Open the front door, and remove the driver's dashboard side panel (A).
-1. Pull out the front door opening seal (B) as needed.
-2. Gently pry the rear edge of the panel with the appropriate trim tool to detach the clips and release the hooks (C, D).
3. Remove the screw. Pull out the dashboard side vent (A) to detach the clips, then remove the vent.
4. Install the side vent in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged, replace them with new ones.
- Push the clips and the hooks into place securely.
The tires that came on your vehicle have a number of markings. Those you should be aware of are described below. Tire Size Whenever tires are replaced, they should be replaced with tires o ...
Most audio system functions can still be controlled by standard buttons, dials, and knobs, but some functions can only be accessed using the interface dial. The interface dial has two parts, ...
Closing Force and Opening Drag
1. Remove the headliner (see page 20-140). 2. Closing force check: - Cover the leading edge of the glass (A) with a shop towel (B), and attach a spring scale (C) as shown. - Have an assistant ...