Honda Accord: Damper/Spring Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
NOTE: When compressing the damper spring, use a commercially available strut spring compressor (Branick MST-580A or Model 7200, or equivalent) according to the manufacturer's instructions.
1. Compress the damper spring, then remove the self-locking nut (A) while holding the damper shaft with a hex wrench (B). Do not compress the damper spring more than necessary to remove the self-locking nut.
2. Release the pressure from the strut spring compressor, then disassemble the damper as shown in the Exploded View.
1.Reassemble all the parts, except for the damper spring.
2. Compress the damper assembly by hand, and check for smooth operation through a full stroke, both compression and extension. The damper should extend smoothly and constantly when compression is released. If it does not, the gas is leaking and the damper should be replaced.
3. Check for oil leaks, abnormal noises, and binding during these tests.
1. Install the spring mounting cushion (A) on the damper mounting base (B) by aligning the tab (C) and notch (D).
2. Install all the parts except the damper mounting washer and the self-locking nut onto the damper unit by referring to the Exploded View.
3. Compress the damper spring using a strut spring compressor. Do not compress the spring excessively.
4. Align the lower end (A) of the damper spring with the stepped part (B) of the dust cover lower mount and the lower spring seat on the damper unit.
5. Position the tab (A) on the spring mounting cushion facing forward but toward the inside of the vehicle.
6. Align the angle of the stud (B) on the damper mounting base (C) with the aligning tab (D) on the bottom of the damper unit as shown.
7. Install the damper mounting washer (A) and the new self-locking nut (B).
8. Hold the damper shaft with a hex wench (C), and tighten the self-locking nut to the specified torque.
9. Remove the damper/spring from the strut spring compressor.
To Play an iPod
This audio system can operate the audio files on the iPod with the same controls used for the in-dash disc changer. To play an iPod, connect it to the USB adapter cable in the console compar ...
Knuckle/Hub Bearing Unit Replacement
Exploded View Special Tools Required - Ball Joint Thread Protector, 14 mm 07AAE-SJAA100 - Ball Joint Remover, 32 mm 07MAC-SL0A102 Hub Bearing Unit Replacement 1. Raise and support the vehicle ...
To Play a USB Flash Memory Device
This audio system can select and play the audio files on a USB flash memory device with the same controls used for the disc player. To play a USB flash memory device, connect it to the USB a ...