Honda Accord: Crankshaft Inspection
Out-of-Round and Taper
1. Remove the crankshaft from the engine block (see page 7-14).
2. Remove the crankshaft position (CKP) pulse plate from the crankshaft (see page 7-30).
3. Clean the crankshaft oil passages with pipe cleaners or a suitable brush.
4. Clean the keyway and threads, and check for damage.
5. Measure the out-of-round at the middle of each rod and the main journal in two places. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New); 0.004 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit; 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
6. Measure the taper at the edges of each rod and the main journal. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New): 0.005 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
7. Place the V-blocks on a flat surface.
8. Check the total runout with the crankshaft supported on V-blocks.
9. Measure the runout on all main journals. Rotate the crankshaft two complete revolutions. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Crankshaft Total Runout
Standard (New): 0.03 mm (0.001 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.04 mm (0.002 in)
Fuel Line Inspection
Check the fuel system lines and hoses for damage, leaks, and deteriorationi,. Replace any damaged parts. Check all clamps, and make sure they are properly positioned and tightened. All models ex ...
ThreeWay Catalytic Converters
The three way catalytic converters contain precious metals that serve as catalysts, promoting chemical reactions to convert the exhaust gasses without affecting the metals. The catalytic conv ...
On models with 5-speed manual transmission, or models with 6-speed manual transmission The manual transmission is synchronized in all forward gears for smooth operation. It has a lockout so ...