Honda Accord: Crankshaft Inspection
Out-of-Round and Taper
1. Remove the crankshaft from the engine block (see page 7-14).
2. Remove the crankshaft position (CKP) pulse plate from the crankshaft (see page 7-30).
3. Clean the crankshaft oil passages with pipe cleaners or a suitable brush.
4. Clean the keyway and threads, and check for damage.
5. Measure the out-of-round at the middle of each rod and the main journal in two places. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New); 0.004 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit; 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
6. Measure the taper at the edges of each rod and the main journal. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New): 0.005 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
7. Place the V-blocks on a flat surface.
8. Check the total runout with the crankshaft supported on V-blocks.
9. Measure the runout on all main journals. Rotate the crankshaft two complete revolutions. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Crankshaft Total Runout
Standard (New): 0.03 mm (0.001 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.04 mm (0.002 in)
Cf Under Head Cover Mmmmm
1. Remove the strut brace (if equipped) (see page 20-306). 2. Remove the engine cover. 3. Remove the four ignition coils (see page 4-20). 4. Remove the dipstick (A), and the power steering ( ...
Knuckle/Hub Bearing Unit Replacement
Exploded View Special Tools Required - Ball Joint Thread Protector, 14 mm 07AAE-SJAA100 - Ball Joint Remover, 32 mm 07MAC-SL0A102 Hub Bearing Unit Replacement 1. Raise and support the vehicle ...
VSA activation indicator does not go off, and no DTCs are stored NOTE: If the VSA modulator was replaced prior to the activation indicator turning on, do the VSA sensor neutral position memorizati ...