Honda Accord: Crankshaft Inspection
Out-of-Round and Taper
1. Remove the crankshaft from the engine block (see page 7-14).
2. Remove the crankshaft position (CKP) pulse plate from the crankshaft (see page 7-30).
3. Clean the crankshaft oil passages with pipe cleaners or a suitable brush.
4. Clean the keyway and threads, and check for damage.
5. Measure the out-of-round at the middle of each rod and the main journal in two places. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New); 0.004 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit; 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
6. Measure the taper at the edges of each rod and the main journal. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Standard (New): 0.005 mm (0.0002 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.010 mm (0.0004 in)
7. Place the V-blocks on a flat surface.
8. Check the total runout with the crankshaft supported on V-blocks.
9. Measure the runout on all main journals. Rotate the crankshaft two complete revolutions. The difference between measurements on each journal must not be more than the service limit.
Crankshaft Total Runout
Standard (New): 0.03 mm (0.001 in) max.
Service Limit: 0.04 mm (0.002 in)
Compact Spare Tire
Use the compact spare tire as a temporary replacement only. Get your regular tire repaired or replaced, and put it back on your vehicle as soon as you can. Check the air pressure of the com ...
1. Place the differential assembly on V-blocks (A), and install the intermediate shaft (B) and the left driveshaft (C). 2. Measure the backlash of both pinion gears (D) with a dial indicator (E) ...
Clutch Pedal Position Switch
M/T model 1. Disconnect the clutch pedal position switch 3P connector (A). 2. Remove the clutch pedal position switch (B). 3. Check for continuity between the terminals according to the table ...