Honda Accord: Countershaft Disassembly
NOTE: Refer to the Exploded View in the Countershaft Reassembly, as needed, when removing components pressed onto the countershaft (see page 13-46).
1. Securely clamp the countershaft assembly In a bench vise with wood blocks.
2. Remove the special bolt (left-hand threads).
3. Support the ball bearing (A) on steel blocks (B), then use a press (C) and an attachment (D) to press the countershaft out of the ball bearing.
4. Remove the 35 mm shim and the distance collar.
5. Support 4th gear (A) on steel blocks (B), then use a press (C) and an attachment (D) to press the countershaft (E) out of 4th gear and 5th gear.
Countershaft Reverse Selector Hub and
3rd Gear Removal
1. Install a commercially available bearing separator on 4th gear (A). Set the countershaft (B) on a press with a spacer (C) between the press and the countershaft, and remove the reverse selector ...
Check the level in the windshield washer reservoir at least monthly during normal use. Check the fluid level by removing the cap and looking at the level gauge. On Canadian models: The low ...