Honda Accord: Countershaft Disassembly
NOTE: Refer to the Exploded View in the Countershaft Reassembly, as needed, when removing components pressed onto the countershaft (see page 13-46).
1. Securely clamp the countershaft assembly In a bench vise with wood blocks.
2. Remove the special bolt (left-hand threads).
3. Support the ball bearing (A) on steel blocks (B), then use a press (C) and an attachment (D) to press the countershaft out of the ball bearing.
4. Remove the 35 mm shim and the distance collar.
5. Support 4th gear (A) on steel blocks (B), then use a press (C) and an attachment (D) to press the countershaft (E) out of 4th gear and 5th gear.
How the SRS Indicator Works
The SRS indicator alerts you to a potential problem with your airbag system components. When you turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, this indicator comes on briefly then goes ...
You do not need to, and should not, perform any maintenance on or replace any airbag system components yourself. However, you should have your vehicle inspected by a dealer in the following situat ...
Special Tools Required Belt Tension Release Tool Snap-on YA9317 or equivalent, commercially available 1. Move the auto-tensioner (A) with the belt tension release tool (B) in the direction of the ...