Honda Accord: Connecting Rod and Crankshaft End Play Inspection
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-16).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Measure the connecting rod end play with a feeler gauge between the connecting rod and the crankshaft.
Connecting Rod End Play
Standard (New): 0.15-0.35 mm (0.006-0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.40 mm (0.016 in)
4. If the connecting rod end play is beyond the service limit, install a new connecting rod, and recheck. If it is still beyond the service limit replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
5. Push the crankshaft firmly away from the dial indicator, and zero the dial against the end of the crankshaft. Then pull the crankshaft firmly back toward the indicator; the dial reading should not exceed the service limit.
Crankshaft End Play
Standard (New): 0.10-0.35 mm (0.004- 0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.45 mm (0.018 in)
6. If the end play is beyond the service limit, replace the thrust washers and recheck, if it is still beyond the service limit, replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
Most audio system functions can still be controlled by standard buttons, dials, and knobs, but some functions can only be accessed using the interface dial. The interface dial has two parts, ...
Component Location Index
Front 4-door Rear ...
This chapter describes the buttons, indicators, and gauges that are used while driving. ...