Honda Accord: Connecting Rod and Crankshaft End Play Inspection
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-16).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Measure the connecting rod end play with a feeler gauge between the connecting rod and the crankshaft.
Connecting Rod End Play
Standard (New): 0.15-0.35 mm (0.006-0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.40 mm (0.016 in)
4. If the connecting rod end play is beyond the service limit, install a new connecting rod, and recheck. If it is still beyond the service limit replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
5. Push the crankshaft firmly away from the dial indicator, and zero the dial against the end of the crankshaft. Then pull the crankshaft firmly back toward the indicator; the dial reading should not exceed the service limit.
Crankshaft End Play
Standard (New): 0.10-0.35 mm (0.004- 0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.45 mm (0.018 in)
6. If the end play is beyond the service limit, replace the thrust washers and recheck, if it is still beyond the service limit, replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
Setting the Clock
Clock You can adjust the time in the clock display with the ignition switch is in ON The clock is automatically updated through the navigation system, so the time does not need to be adju ...
Gross VehicleWeight Rating (GVWR):
The maximum allowable weight of the vehicle, all occupants, all accessories, all cargo, and the tongue load is: U.S. models LX: 4,299 lbs (1,950 kg) EX and EX-L: 4,409 lbs (2,000 kg) V6 mo ...
Compass Zone Selection
In most areas, there is a variation between magnetic north and true north. Zone selection is required so the compass can compensate for this variation. To check and select the zone, do this: ...