Honda Accord: Connecting Rod and Crankshaft End Play Inspection
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-16).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Measure the connecting rod end play with a feeler gauge between the connecting rod and the crankshaft.
Connecting Rod End Play
Standard (New): 0.15-0.35 mm (0.006-0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.40 mm (0.016 in)
4. If the connecting rod end play is beyond the service limit, install a new connecting rod, and recheck. If it is still beyond the service limit replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
5. Push the crankshaft firmly away from the dial indicator, and zero the dial against the end of the crankshaft. Then pull the crankshaft firmly back toward the indicator; the dial reading should not exceed the service limit.
Crankshaft End Play
Standard (New): 0.10-0.35 mm (0.004- 0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.45 mm (0.018 in)
6. If the end play is beyond the service limit, replace the thrust washers and recheck, if it is still beyond the service limit, replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
DTC P0101: MAF Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem NOTE: - Before you troubleshoot, record all freeze data and any on-board snapshot, and review the general troubleshooting information (see ...
A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid
Valve B and C Replacement
1. Do the battery removal procedure (see page 22-92). 2. Remove the battery base (see step 8 on page 5-3). 3. Disconnect the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves B and C connectors. 4 ...
Low Oil Pressure Indicator
Low Oil Pressure Indicator This indicator should never come on when the engine is running. If it starts flashing or stays on, the oil pressure has dropped very low or lost pressure. Serio ...