Honda Accord: Connecting Rod and Crankshaft End Play Inspection
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-16).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Measure the connecting rod end play with a feeler gauge between the connecting rod and the crankshaft.
Connecting Rod End Play
Standard (New): 0.15-0.35 mm (0.006-0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.40 mm (0.016 in)
4. If the connecting rod end play is beyond the service limit, install a new connecting rod, and recheck. If it is still beyond the service limit replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
5. Push the crankshaft firmly away from the dial indicator, and zero the dial against the end of the crankshaft. Then pull the crankshaft firmly back toward the indicator; the dial reading should not exceed the service limit.
Crankshaft End Play
Standard (New): 0.10-0.35 mm (0.004- 0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.45 mm (0.018 in)
6. If the end play is beyond the service limit, replace the thrust washers and recheck, if it is still beyond the service limit, replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid
Valve B and C Test
1. Connect the HDS to the DLC (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard. 2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Make sure the HDS communicates with the PCM. If it does not, go to the ...
To deter vehicle theft, certain major components are marked with the vehicle identification number (VIN). Original parts have self-adhesive labels. Replacement body parts have generic self-adhesive ...
Rear Brake Caliper Overhaul
Frequent inhalation of brake pad dust, regardless of material composition, could be hazardous to your health. - Avoid breathing dust particles. - Never use an air hose or brush to clean brake ...