Honda Accord: Connecting Rod and Crankshaft End Play Inspection
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-16).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Measure the connecting rod end play with a feeler gauge between the connecting rod and the crankshaft.
Connecting Rod End Play
Standard (New): 0.15-0.35 mm (0.006-0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.40 mm (0.016 in)
4. If the connecting rod end play is beyond the service limit, install a new connecting rod, and recheck. If it is still beyond the service limit replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
5. Push the crankshaft firmly away from the dial indicator, and zero the dial against the end of the crankshaft. Then pull the crankshaft firmly back toward the indicator; the dial reading should not exceed the service limit.
Crankshaft End Play
Standard (New): 0.10-0.35 mm (0.004- 0.014 in)
Service Limit: 0.45 mm (0.018 in)
6. If the end play is beyond the service limit, replace the thrust washers and recheck, if it is still beyond the service limit, replace the crankshaft (see page 7-14).
Countershaft Bearing Replacement
Special Tools Required -Adjustable Bearing Puller, 2 5 - 4 0 mm 07736-A01000B -Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000 -Attachment, 62 x 68 mm 07746-0010500 1. Remove the countershaft bearing using ...
Recirculation Control Motor Test
NOTE: Before testing the motor, check for HVAC DTCs (see page 21-101). 1. Disconnect the 7P connector from the recirculation control motor. Incorrectly applying power and ground to the recirc ...
Back-up Light Switch Test
1. Disconnect the back-up light switch 2P connector (A). 2. Check for continuity between back-up light switch 2P connector terminals No. 1 and No. 2. There should be continuity only when the shif ...