Honda Accord: Cam Chain Auto-tensioner Removal and installation
1.Remove the chain case cover
2. Turn the crankshaft counterclockwise to compress the auto-tensioner.
3. Align the holes on the lock (A) and the auto-tensioner (B), then insert a 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter pin or lock pin (P/N 14511-PNA-003) (C) into the holes. Turn the crankshaft clockwise to secure the pin.
4. Remove the auto-tensioner.
1. Install the auto-tensioner.
NOTE: Check the auto-tensioner cam position. If the position are not aligned, set the first cam to the first edge of the rack (see step 9 on page 6-66).
2. Remove the 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter pin or lock pin (P/N 14511-PNA- 003) from the auto-tensioner.
3. Remove the old liquid gasket from the chain case cover mating surfaces, the bolts, and the bolt holes.
4. Clean and dry the chain case cover mating surfaces.
5. Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004,08718-0003, or 08718-0009 to the chain case mating surface of the chain case cover, and to the inside edge of the threaded bolt holes. Install the component within 5 minutes of applying the liquid gasket.
NOTE: - Apply a 3 mm (0.12 in) diameter bead of liquid gasket along the broken line (A).
- If too much time has passed after applying the liquid gasket, remove the old liquid gasket and residue, then reapply new liquid gasket.
6. Install the chain case cover.
NOTE: - Wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
- Do not run the engine for at least 3 hours after installing the chain case cover.
CMP Sensor A Replacement
1. Disconnect the CMP sensor A 3P connector (B). 2. Remove CMP sensor A from the intake camshaft side of the cylinder head. 3. Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with a new O-ri ...
Gross VehicleWeight Rating (GVWR):
The maximum allowable weight of the vehicle, all occupants, all accessories, all cargo, and the tongue load is: U.S. models LX: 4,299 lbs (1,950 kg) EX and EX-L: 4,409 lbs (2,000 kg) V6 mo ...