Honda Accord: Cam Chain Auto-tensioner Removal and installation
1.Remove the chain case cover
2. Turn the crankshaft counterclockwise to compress the auto-tensioner.
3. Align the holes on the lock (A) and the auto-tensioner (B), then insert a 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter pin or lock pin (P/N 14511-PNA-003) (C) into the holes. Turn the crankshaft clockwise to secure the pin.
4. Remove the auto-tensioner.
1. Install the auto-tensioner.
NOTE: Check the auto-tensioner cam position. If the position are not aligned, set the first cam to the first edge of the rack (see step 9 on page 6-66).
2. Remove the 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter pin or lock pin (P/N 14511-PNA- 003) from the auto-tensioner.
3. Remove the old liquid gasket from the chain case cover mating surfaces, the bolts, and the bolt holes.
4. Clean and dry the chain case cover mating surfaces.
5. Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004,08718-0003, or 08718-0009 to the chain case mating surface of the chain case cover, and to the inside edge of the threaded bolt holes. Install the component within 5 minutes of applying the liquid gasket.
NOTE: - Apply a 3 mm (0.12 in) diameter bead of liquid gasket along the broken line (A).
- If too much time has passed after applying the liquid gasket, remove the old liquid gasket and residue, then reapply new liquid gasket.
6. Install the chain case cover.
NOTE: - Wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
- Do not run the engine for at least 3 hours after installing the chain case cover.
Engine Oil Filter Replacement
Special Tools Required Oil Filter Wrench 07 AAA-PLC A100 1. Drain the engine oil (see page 8-11). 2. Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench. 3. Inspect the filter to make sure the ru ...
Secondary Shaft Idler Gear Removal
Special Tools Required Attachment 42 mm I.D. 07QAD-P0A0100 Removal Place a spacer (A) on the secondary shaft (B), and set a puller (C) under the idler gear (D), then remove the idler gear. Ins ...
Clutch Pedal, Clutch Pedal Position Switch, and
Clutch Interlock Switch Adjustment
NOTE: - For a cruise control problem, check the clutch pedal position switch (see page 4-45). - For a clutch interlock operation problem, check the clutch interlock switch (see page 4-9). - R ...