Honda Accord: Cam Chain Auto-tensioner Removal and installation
1.Remove the chain case cover
2. Turn the crankshaft counterclockwise to compress the auto-tensioner.
3. Align the holes on the lock (A) and the auto-tensioner (B), then insert a 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter pin or lock pin (P/N 14511-PNA-003) (C) into the holes. Turn the crankshaft clockwise to secure the pin.
4. Remove the auto-tensioner.
1. Install the auto-tensioner.
NOTE: Check the auto-tensioner cam position. If the position are not aligned, set the first cam to the first edge of the rack (see step 9 on page 6-66).
2. Remove the 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter pin or lock pin (P/N 14511-PNA- 003) from the auto-tensioner.
3. Remove the old liquid gasket from the chain case cover mating surfaces, the bolts, and the bolt holes.
4. Clean and dry the chain case cover mating surfaces.
5. Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004,08718-0003, or 08718-0009 to the chain case mating surface of the chain case cover, and to the inside edge of the threaded bolt holes. Install the component within 5 minutes of applying the liquid gasket.
NOTE: - Apply a 3 mm (0.12 in) diameter bead of liquid gasket along the broken line (A).
- If too much time has passed after applying the liquid gasket, remove the old liquid gasket and residue, then reapply new liquid gasket.
6. Install the chain case cover.
NOTE: - Wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.
- Do not run the engine for at least 3 hours after installing the chain case cover.
System Diagnostic Mode
Start-up procedure and Diagnostic IVieny There are two ways t o enter the diagnostic mode: Method 1 : Start the vehicle. When the globe screen appears, connect the SCS service connector (see page ...
Front Seat Recline Motor Replacement
Driver's Seat (10-way Power Seat) SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations, 2-door (see page 24-23), 4-door (see page 24-21) and the precautions and procedures ( ...
Auxiliary Input Jack
Use the jack to connect standard audio devices. 1. Open the AUX cover. 2. Connect a standard audio device to the input jack using a 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) stereo miniplug. - The audio syst ...