Honda Accord: Valve Body and ATF Strainer Removal
1. Remove the ATF feed pipes (A) and the ATF joint pipes (B).
2. Remove the ATF strainer (C) (two bolts).
3. Remove the regulator valve body (D) (eight bolts).
4. Remove the stator shaft (E) and the stator shaft stop (F), then remove the regulator separator plate (G) and the two dowel pins (H).
5. Remove the servo body (I) (12 bolts), then remove the servo separator plate (J) and the two dowel pins (K).
6. Remove the cooler check valve spring (L) and the cooler check valve (M), then remove the main valve body (N) (three bolts). Do not let the two check balls (O) fall out, and do not use a magnet to remove the check balls, it may magnetize them.
7. Remove the ATF pump driven gear shaft (P), then remove the ATF pump driven gear (Q) and the ATF pump drive gear (R).
8. Remove the main separator plate (S) and the two dowel pins (T).
9. Remove the ATF magnet (U), clean and reinstall it in the torque converter housing (V).
10. Clean the inlet opening (A) of the ATF strainer (B) thoroughly with compressed air, t h e n check that it is in good condition and that the inlet opening is not clogged.
11. Test the ATF strainer by pouring clean ATF through the inlet opening, and replace it if it is clogged or damaged.
12. Remove the O-rings (W) (X) from the stator shaft and the ATF strainer. Install new ones when installing the valve bodies.
Component Location Index - Front Door
2-door 4-door ...
Rear Power Window Switch
1. Carefully remove the rear power window switch (A). 2. Disconnect the 14P connector (B) from the rear power window switch. 3. Remove the three screws and the rear power window switch (A). ...
Shift Lock Solenoid Test
1. Connect the HDS to the DLC (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard. 2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Make sure the HDS communicates with the PCM. If it does not, go to the ...