Honda Accord: Throttle Body Cleaning
Do n o t i n s e r t : your fingers into the installed throve body when you turn the ignition switch to ON (II) or while the ignition switch is in ON (II). If you do, you will seriously injure your fingers if the throttle valve is activated.
1. Check for damage to the air cleaner element. If the air cleaner element is damaged, replace it (see page 11-333).
2. Remove the throttle body (see page 11-335).
3. Clean off the carbon from the throttle valve and inside the throttle body with a paper towel soaked in throttle plate cleaner.
NOTE: - Remove the throttle body to clean it.
- Be careful not to pinch your fingers.
- To avoid removing the molybdenum coating, do not clean the bearing area of the throttle shaft (A).
- Do not spray throttle plate cleaner directly on the throttle body.
- Use Honda genuine throttle plate cleaner.
4. Install the throttle body (see page 11-335).
5. Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS (see page 11-4).
6. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
7. Do the ECM/PCM idle learn procedure (see page 11-293).
Throttle Body TestCarbon Accumulation Check NOTE: If the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) has been reported on, check for diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). 1. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (A) l ...
Air Cleaner Removal/Installation1. Disconnect the MAF sensor/IAT sensor connector (A). 2. Remove the harness clamps (B) and the bolts (C). 3. Loosen the band (D), then remove the air cleaner housing (E). 4. Install the par ...
Master Cylinder Replacement
- Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; It may damage the paint. If brake fluid gets on the paint, wash It off Immediately with water. - Be careful not to damage or bend the brake lines dur ...
Front Splash Shield Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage. - 4-door is sho ...
Control Unit Input
1. Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover (see page 20-166). 2. Remove the screws, then disconnect the 28P connector (A) from the HandsFreeLink control unit (B). 3. Inspect the connector an ...