Honda Accord: SRS Unit Update
Special Tools Required
вЂў Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) tablet tester
вЂў Honda Interface Module (HIM) and an iN workstation with the latest HDS software version
вЂў HDS pocket tester
вЂў GNA600 and an iN workstation with the latest HDS software version
Any one of the above updating tools can be used.
NOTE; вЂў Make sure the HDS/iN workstation has latest HDS software version.
вЂў Before you update the SRS unit, make sure the battery in the vehicle is fully charged.
вЂў Never turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) or ACC (1) during the update. If there is a problem with the update, leave the ignition switch in ON (II).
вЂў To prevent SRS unit damage, do not operate anything electrical (headlights, audio system, brakes, A/C, power windows, moonroof (if equipped), door locks, etc.) during the update.
вЂў To ensure the latest program is installed, do an SRS unit update whenever the SRS unit is replaced.
вЂў You cannot update an SRS unit with a program it already has. It will only accept a new program.
вЂў If you need to diagnose the HIM because the HIM's red (#3) light came on or was flashing during the update, leave the ignition switch in ON (II) when you disconnect the HIM from the data link connector (DLC). This will prevent SRS unit damage.
1. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).
2. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (A).
3. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), but do not start the engine.
4. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the SRS unit. If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
5. Select the update program, and follow the screen prompts to update the SRS unit.
6. Ifthe software in the SRS unit is the latest, disconnect the HDS/HIM from the DLC, and go back to the procedure that you were doing. If the software in the SRS unit is not the latest, follow the instructions on the screen.
NOTE: If you run into a problem during the update procedure (programming takes over 15 minutes, status bar goes over 100%, D or immobilizer light flashes, HDS tablet freezes, etc.), follow these steps to minimize the chance of damaging the SRS unit: вЂў Leave the ignition switch in ON (II) position.
вЂў Connect a jumper battery (do not connect a battery charger).
вЂў Shut down the HDS.
вЂў Disconnect the HDS from the DLC.
вЂў Reboot the HDS.
вЂў Reconnect the HDS to the DLC, and try the update procedure again.
7. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
8. Disconnect the HDS from the DLC.
Balancer Shaft Inspection
1. Seat the balancer shaft by pushing it away from the oil pump sprocket end of the oil pump. 2. Zero the dial indicator against the end of the balancer shaft, then push the balancer shaft back a ...
Rear Brake Disc Replacement
NOTE: Keep any grease off the brake disc and the brake pads. 1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13). 2. Remove the rear wheel. 3. Release the parking brake lever fully. 4. Loose ...
Rear Window Defogger
The rear window defogger will clear fog, frost, and thin ice from the window. Push the defogger button to turn it on and off. The indicator in the button comes on to show the defogger is o ...