Honda Accord: Slave Cylinder Replacement
NOTE: - Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
- Do not spilt brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint or plastic. If brake fluid does contact the paint or plastic, wash it off immediately with water.
- Make sure not to get any silicone grease on the terminal part of the connectors and switches, especially if you have silicone grease on your hands or gloves.
1. Do the battery removal procedure (see page 22-92).
2. Remove the mounting bolts (A), the bracket mounting nut (B), and the slave cylinder (C).
3. Remove the roll pins (A). Disconnect the clutch line (B), and remove the O-ring (C). Plug or wrap the end of the clutch line with a clean shop towel to prevent brake fluid from coming out.
4. Install a new O-ring (A) on the clutch line (B), install the clutch line in the slave cylinder (C), and install new roll pins (D).
5. Pull back the boot (A), and apply silicone grease (P/N 08C30- B0234M) to the boot and the slave cylinder. Reinstall the boot.
6. Apply a light coat of super high temp urea grease (P/N 08798- 9002) to the end of the slave cylinder pushrod. Install the slave cylinder mounting bolts and the bracket mounting nut.
7. Bleed the clutch hydraulic system (see page 12-6).
8. Check the clutch operation, and check for leaks.
9. Do the battery installation procedure (see page 22-92).
10. Test-drive the vehicle.
Clutch Master Cylinder ReplacementNOTE: - Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces. - Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint or plastic. If brake fluid does contact the paint or plastic, ...
Clutch Hose ReplacementNOTE: - Replace the clutch hose if it is twisted, cracked, or leaks. - Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces. - Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the pain ...
Identification numbers have been assigned to in-line connectors, junction connectors, and terminals. The number is preceded by the letter "C" for connectors, " G " for ground te ...
1. Remove these Items: - Front grille cover: - 2-door (see page 20-274) - 4-door (see page 20-274) - Cowl covers (see page 20-278) - Hood latch cover, 4-door (see step 2 on page 20-302) 2. Sligh ...
Check the following items before you start driving. • Exterior Checks • Make sure there are no obstructions on the windows, door mirrors, exterior lights, or other parts of the vehicle. &nbs ...