Honda Accord: Shift Lock Release
This allows you to move the shift lever out of Park if the normal method of pushing on the brake pedal and pressing the release button does not work.
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
3. Put a cloth on the edge of the shift lock release slot cover to prevent scratches. Use a small flat-tip screwdriver or metal fingernail file to carefully pry up the edge of the cover and remove it from the slot.
4. Insert the key in the shift lock release slot.
5. Push down on the key while you press the release button on the front of the shift lever and move the shift lever out of Park to neutral.
6. Remove the key from the shift lock release slot, then reinstall the cover. Make sure the notch on the cover is on the right side. Insert the key into the ignition switch, press the brake pedal, and restart the engine.
If you need to use the shift lock release, it means your vehicle is developing a problem. Have it checked by your dealer.
Mode Control Motor Replacement
1. Remove the blower unit (see page 21-65). 2. Disconnect the 7P connector (A) from the mode control motor (B). Remove the self-tapping screws and the mode control motor from the heater unit. ...
If the vehicle needs to be towed, call a professional towing service. Never tow the vehicle behind another vehicle with just a rope or chain It is very dangerous. Emergency Towing There are three ...
4-cylinder models Check the fluid level with the transmission at normal operating temperature and the vehicle sitting on level ground. To check the transmission fluid level, remove the und ...