Honda Accord: Shift Lock Release
This allows you to move the shift lever out of Park if the normal method of pushing on the brake pedal and pressing the release button does not work.
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
3. Put a cloth on the edge of the shift lock release slot cover to prevent scratches. Use a small flat-tip screwdriver or metal fingernail file to carefully pry up the edge of the cover and remove it from the slot.
4. Insert the key in the shift lock release slot.
5. Push down on the key while you press the release button on the front of the shift lever and move the shift lever out of Park to neutral.
6. Remove the key from the shift lock release slot, then reinstall the cover. Make sure the notch on the cover is on the right side. Insert the key into the ignition switch, press the brake pedal, and restart the engine.
If you need to use the shift lock release, it means your vehicle is developing a problem. Have it checked by your dealer.
Engine Speed LimiterIf you exceed the maximum speed for the gear you are in, the engine speed will enter into the tachometer’s red zone. If this occurs, you may feel the engine cut in and out. This is caused ...
Oil Pump Chain Replacement
NOTE: Keep the oil pump chain away from magnetic fields. Removal 1. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30). 2. Remove the oil pan (see page 7-11). 3. Support the engine with a jack and a wood ...
Parking Brake Inspection and Adjustment
Inspection 1. Pull the parking brake lever (A) with 196 N (20 kgf, 44 Ibf) of force to fully apply the parking brake. The parking brake lever should be locked within the specified number of clic ...