Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 2nd Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
1. Install the thrust needle bearing (A), the needle bearing (B), 2nd gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer (E), and the 2nd clutch (F) on the secondary shaft (G), then secure them with the set ring ( H ) . Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
2. Measure the clearance between the set ring (A) and the 2nd clutch guide (B) using a feeler gauge (C), in at least three places. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
3. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer, and measure its thickness.
4. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 37 x 58 mm
5. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
6. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
Danger/Warning/Caution Label Locations
4-door Model ...
The immobilizer system prevents a key that has not been pre-registered from starting the engine. Each key contains electronic transmitters that use electronic signals to verify the key. Pay att ...
If the EPS System Indicator Comes On
• Reasons for the indicator to come on • Comes on when there is a problem with the EPS system. • If you depress the accelerator pedal repeatedly to increase the engine speed while the eng ...