Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 2nd Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
1. Install the thrust needle bearing (A), the needle bearing (B), 2nd gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer (E), and the 2nd clutch (F) on the secondary shaft (G), then secure them with the set ring ( H ) . Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
2. Measure the clearance between the set ring (A) and the 2nd clutch guide (B) using a feeler gauge (C), in at least three places. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
3. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer, and measure its thickness.
4. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 37 x 58 mm
5. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
6. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
Protecting Child Passengers
Each year, many children are injured or killed in vehicle crashes because they are either unrestrained or not properly restrained. In fact, vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death ...
Front Door Speaker 1. Remove the door panel. вЂў 4-door (see page 20-17) вЂў 2-door (see page 20-12) 2. Remove t h e bolt (A). Then lift the speaker straight up to release t h e lower cli ...
Front Door Sash Outer Trim
NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the door. - 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar. 1. Remove the door outer molding (see page 20-36). 2. Pull up the door sash outer trim (A) to release the ho ...