Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 1 st Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
Special Tools Required
Attachment, 42 mm I.D. 07QAD-P0A0100 1. Remove the secondary shaft transmission housing bearing (see page 14-270).
2. Install the thrust needle b e a r i n g (A), the needle bearing (B), 1st gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer (E), the 1 st/3rd clutch (F), and the 3rd gear collar (G) on the secondary shaft (H). Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
3. Install the idler gear (I), then install the transmission housing bearing (J) on the idler gear using the 42 mm I.D. attachment and a press.
4. Install the conical spring washer (K) and the locknut (L), then tighten the locknut to 29 N-m (3.0 kgfm, 22 Ibf-ft).
5. Turn the secondary shaft assembly upside down, and set a dial indicator (A) on 1st gear (B).
6. Lift 1st gear (A) up while holding the secondary shaft, and use the dial indicator (B) to read the 1 st gear axial clearance.
7. Measure the 1st gear axial clearance in at least three places while moving 1st gear. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
8. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer and measure its thickness.
9. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 40 x 51.5 mm
10. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
11. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
12. Reinstall the transmission housing bearing in the transmission housing (see page 14-271).
Ceiling Light Test/Replacement
1. Turn the celling light switch OFF. 2. Carefully pry the lens (A) off with a small screwdriver. 2. Carefully pry the lens (A) off with a small screwdriver. Celling Light 8 W 3. Remove the ...
Multi-Information Display Warning andInformation Messages
The following messages appear only on the multi-information display. Press the (information) button to see the message again with the system message indicator on. ...
Refilling Window Washer Fluid
Check the amount of window washer fluid by looking at the reservoir. If the level is low, fill the washer reservoir. If the washer fluid is low, the washer level indicator comes on. Pour the ...