Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 1 st Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
Special Tools Required
Attachment, 42 mm I.D. 07QAD-P0A0100 1. Remove the secondary shaft transmission housing bearing (see page 14-270).
2. Install the thrust needle b e a r i n g (A), the needle bearing (B), 1st gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer (E), the 1 st/3rd clutch (F), and the 3rd gear collar (G) on the secondary shaft (H). Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
3. Install the idler gear (I), then install the transmission housing bearing (J) on the idler gear using the 42 mm I.D. attachment and a press.
4. Install the conical spring washer (K) and the locknut (L), then tighten the locknut to 29 N-m (3.0 kgfm, 22 Ibf-ft).
5. Turn the secondary shaft assembly upside down, and set a dial indicator (A) on 1st gear (B).
6. Lift 1st gear (A) up while holding the secondary shaft, and use the dial indicator (B) to read the 1 st gear axial clearance.
7. Measure the 1st gear axial clearance in at least three places while moving 1st gear. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
8. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer and measure its thickness.
9. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 40 x 51.5 mm
10. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
11. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
12. Reinstall the transmission housing bearing in the transmission housing (see page 14-271).
Component Location Index Radiator Cap Test 1. Wait until the engine is cool, then carefully remove the radiator cap (A). Wet the radiator cap seal with engine coolant, then install it on a com ...
Fuel Pump/Fuel Gauge Sending Unit
1. Remove the fuel tank unit (see page 11 -320). 2. Remove the fuel level sensor (fuel gauge sending unit) (A) from the fuel tank unit (B). 3. Check these items before installing the fuel tank ...
Hood Release Handle Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body. -Take care not to kink the hood opener cable. 1. Remove the driver's kick panel: - 2-door (see page 20-10 ...