Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft 1 st Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
Special Tools Required
Attachment, 42 mm I.D. 07QAD-P0A0100 1. Remove the secondary shaft transmission housing bearing (see page 14-270).
2. Install the thrust needle b e a r i n g (A), the needle bearing (B), 1st gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer (E), the 1 st/3rd clutch (F), and the 3rd gear collar (G) on the secondary shaft (H). Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
3. Install the idler gear (I), then install the transmission housing bearing (J) on the idler gear using the 42 mm I.D. attachment and a press.
4. Install the conical spring washer (K) and the locknut (L), then tighten the locknut to 29 N-m (3.0 kgfm, 22 Ibf-ft).
5. Turn the secondary shaft assembly upside down, and set a dial indicator (A) on 1st gear (B).
6. Lift 1st gear (A) up while holding the secondary shaft, and use the dial indicator (B) to read the 1 st gear axial clearance.
7. Measure the 1st gear axial clearance in at least three places while moving 1st gear. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.12 mm (0.002-0.005 in)
8. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 40 x 51.5 mm thrust washer and measure its thickness.
9. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 40 x 51.5 mm
10. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within standard.
11. Disassemble the installed parts from the secondary shaft.
12. Reinstall the transmission housing bearing in the transmission housing (see page 14-271).
Secondary Shaft 2nd Gear Axial Clearance Inspection1. Install the thrust needle bearing (A), the needle bearing (B), 2nd gear (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 37 x 58 mm thrust washer (E), and the 2nd clutch (F) on the secondary shaft (G), t ...
Idler Gear Shaft Removal and Installation1. Remove the snap ring (A), the cotter retainer (B), and the 17 mm cotters (C). Do not distort the snap ring. 2. Remove the idler gear shaft/idler gear assembly (D) from the transmission housing ...
To Play a USB Flash Memory Device
This audio system can select and play the audio files on a USB flash memory device with the same controls used for the disc player. To play a USB flash memory device, connect it to the USB a ...
DRIVER'S UNDER-DASH FUSE/RELAY BOX CONNECTOR N (16P) Wire side of female terminals DRIVER'S UNDER-DASH FUSE/RELAY BOX CONNECTOR P (20P) Wire side of female terminals GAUGE CONTROL MODULE 3 ...
Expansion Valve Replacement
1. Remove the evaporator core (see page 21-67). 2. Remove the insulator (A) and bolts, then remove the expansion valve (B) and O-rings (C). 3. Install the expansion valve in the reverse order o ...