Honda Accord: Oil Pressure Test
NOTE: If the low oil pressure warning indicator stays on with the engine running, check the engine oil level. If the oil level is correct, do the following test.
1. With the engine stopped, remove the oil pressure switch (see page 8-9), and install an oil pressure - gauge (A).
2. Start the engine. Shut it off immediately if the gauge registers no oil pressure. Repair the problem before continuing..' 3. Allow the engine to reach operating temperature (fan comes on at least twice). The pressure should be:
Engine Oil Temperature: 176 Р’В°F (80 Р’В°C)
Engine Oil Pressure:
At idle: 69 kPa (0.7 kgf/cm2,10.0 psi) min.
At 3,000 rpm: 304 kPa (3.1 kgf/cm2,44 psi) min.
4. If the oil pressure is out of specifications, inspect these items: - Blocking of oil filter.
- Blocking of oil screen.
- Inspect the oil pressure relief valve (see page 8-16).
- Inspect the oil pump (see page 8-18).
Protecting Small Children
Child Seat Type Many states, Canadian provinces and territories allow a child one year of age or older who also meets the minimum size and weight requirements to transition from a rear-fa ...
Headlight (High'Beam) 1. Disconnect the 2P connector (A) from the headlight Headlight (High Beam): 60 W 2. Turn the bulb socket 45 В° counterclockwise to remove the bulb. 3. Install a new b ...
Instruments and Controls
This section gives information about the controls and displays that contribute to the daily operation of your vehicle. All the essential controls are within easy reach. ...