Honda Accord: Mode Control Motor Test
NOTE: Before testing the motor, check for HVAC DTCs (see page 21-101).
1. Disconnect the 7P connector from the mode control motor.
Incorrectly applying power and ground to the mode control motor will damage it Follow the instructions carefully.
2. Connect battery power to terminal No. 1 of the mode control motor, and ground terminal No. 2;the mode control motor should run, and stop at Defrost. If it doesn't, reverse the connections; the mode control motor should run, and stop at Vent When the mode control motor stops running, disconnect battery power immediately.
MODE CONTROL MOTOR
3. If the mode control motor did not run in step 2, remove it, then check the mode control linkage and door for smooth movement.
вЂў If the linkage and door move smoothly, replace the mode control motor (see page 21-62).
вЂў If the linkage or door sticks or binds, repair them as needed.
вЂў If the mode control motor runs smoothly, go to step 4.
4. Measure the resistance between terminals No. 5 and No. 7 of the mode control motor. It should be between 4.2 and 7.8 kO.
5. Reconnect the mode control motor 7P connector, then turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Using the backprobe set, measure the voltage between terminals No. 3 and No. 7 of the 7P connector.
Vent: About 0.5 V
Defrost: About 4.5 V
7. If either the resistance or the voltage readings are not as specified, replace the mode control motor (see page 21-62).
Using Automatic Climate Control
The automatic climate control system maintains the interior temperature you select. The system also selects the proper mix of heated or cooled air that will as quickly as possible, raise or l ...
When Can a Larger Child Sit in Front
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Transport Canada recommend that all children aged 12 and under be properly restrained in a back seat. If the passenger’s front airbag ...
Dust and Pollen Filter
This filter removes the dust and pollen that is brought in fromthe outside through the heating and cooling system/climate control system. Have your dealer replace this filter when this serv ...