Honda Accord: Idle Speed Inspection
NOTE: - Before checking the idle speed, check these items:
- The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) has not been reported on, and there are no DTCs.
- Ignition timing
- Spark plugs
- Air cleaner
- PCV system
- Apply the parking brake, and make sure the headlights are off.
1. Disconnect the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve connector.
2. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard.
3. Make sure the HDS communicates with the ECM/PCM. If it doesn't, go to the DLC circuit troubleshooting (see page 11-181).
4. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (A/T in P or N, M/T in neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.
5. Check the idle speed without load conditions: headlights, blower fan, radiator fan, and air conditioner off.
Idle speed should be:
6. Let the engine idle for 1 minute with high electric load (A/C on, temperature set to max cool, blower fan on high, headlights on high beam).
Idle speed should be:
NOTE: If the idle speed is not within specification, do the ECM/PCM idle learn procedure (see page 11-293).
If the idle speed is still not within specification, go to the symptom troubleshooting.
7. Reconnect the EVAP canister purge valve connector.
Brake Pedal Position Switch Signal Circuit Troubleshooting1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). 2. Check the BRAKE SWITCH in the DATA LIST with the HDS. Does it indicate OFF? YES-Go to step 3. NO-lnspect the brake pedal position switch (see page ...
ECM/PCM Idle Learn ProcedureThe idle learn procedure must be done so the ECM/PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics. Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions: - Replace ECM/PCM. ...
Connector to Fuse/Relay Box Index Under-hood Fuse/Relay Box *: '08-09 models Driver's Under-dash Fuse/Relay B O M Passenger's Under-dash Fuse/Relay Box *1: LX, LX PZEV, LX-P, LX-P PZE ...
Refilling Window Washer Fluid
Check the amount of window washer fluid by looking at the reservoir. If the level is low, fill the washer reservoir. If the washer fluid is low, the washer level indicator comes on. Pour the ...
Removing Discs from the Changer
To remove the disc that is currently playing, press the eject button. You will see ‘‘EJECT’’ in the center display. When you remove the disc from the slot, the system automatically e ...