Honda Accord: ECM/PCM Idle Learn Procedure
The idle learn procedure must be done so the ECM/PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics.
Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
- Replace ECM/PCM.
- Reset ECM/PCM
- Update ECM/PCM.
- Replace or clean the throttle body.
- Disassemble the engine or the transmission.
NOTE: Erasing DTCs with the HDS does not require you to do the idle learn procedure.
1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, lights, etc.) are off.
2. Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS.
3. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
4. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (A/T in P or N, M/T in neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 Р’В°F (90 Р’В°C).
5. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fujly closed.
NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
Airbag System Components
The front, front side, and side curtain airbags are deployed according to the direction and severity of impact. Both side curtain airbags are deployed in a rollover. The airbag system inclu ...
Adjusting the Sound
1. Press the SETTINGS button. 2. Rotate to select Audio Settings, then press . 3. Rotate to select Sound, then press . Rotate to scroll through the following choices: The SVC ...
1. Remove the audio unit (see page 23-114). 2. Remove the screw and harness cover (A). 3. Disconnect the interface dial connector (A). Remove the screws and interface dial (B). NOTE: If the ...