Honda Accord: ECM/PCM Idle Learn Procedure
The idle learn procedure must be done so the ECM/PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics.
Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
- Replace ECM/PCM.
- Reset ECM/PCM
- Update ECM/PCM.
- Replace or clean the throttle body.
- Disassemble the engine or the transmission.
NOTE: Erasing DTCs with the HDS does not require you to do the idle learn procedure.
1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, lights, etc.) are off.
2. Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS.
3. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
4. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (A/T in P or N, M/T in neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 Р’В°F (90 Р’В°C).
5. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fujly closed.
NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
Idle Speed InspectionNOTE: - Before checking the idle speed, check these items: - The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) has not been reported on, and there are no DTCs. - Ignition timing - Spark plug ...
The Passenger’s Front Airbag Can Pose Serious Risks
Front airbags have been designed to help protect adults in a moderate to severe frontal collision. To do this, the passenger’s front airbag is quite large, and it can inflate with enough f ...
вЂў Air conditioning refrigerant or lubricant vapor can irritate your eyes, nose, or throat. вЂў Be careful when connecting service equipment. вЂўDo not breathe refrigerant or vapor. ...
U.S. Owners Your new vehicle is covered by these warranties: New Vehicle Limited Warranty - covers your new vehicle, except for the emissions control systems and accessories, against defects ...