Honda Accord: Horn Switch Test
NOTE: Check for a blown No. 10 (20 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box. If it is blown, check for a faulty horn relay.
1. Turn the steering wheel 180 degrees from the center position and remove the cover (A).
Wire side of female terminals
2. Disconnect the horn switch 2P connector (B).
3. Connect horn switch 2P connector terminals No. 1 and No. 2 with a jumper wire. The horns should sound.
вЂў If the horns sound, check or adjust the installation of the driver's airbag assembly and the horn switch plate.
вЂў If the horns don't sound, go to step 4.
4. Remove the jumper wire from the horn switch 2P connector.
5. Remove the steering column covers (see page 20-181).
6. Remove the driver's airbag assembly (see page 24-211).
7. Disconnect cable reel subharness 2 0 P connector (A).
8. Connect cable reel subharness 20P connector (A) terminals No. 11 and No. 12 with a jumper wire. The horns should sound.
вЂў If the horns sound, replace the cable reel subharness.
вЂў If the horns don't sound, go to step 9.
9. Disconnect the dashboard wire harness 20P connector (A).
10. Connect dashboard wire harness 20P connector terminals No. 1 and No. 2 with a jumper wire. The horns should sound.
вЂў If the horns sound, replace the cable reel.
вЂў If the horns don't sound, repair an open in terminal No. 2 or No. 1 wire, or a faulty driver's MICU.
Horn Test/Replacement1. Remove the grille cover; вЂў2-door (see page 20-274) вЂў 4-door (see page 20-274) 2. Disconnect the 1P connector (A) from each horn (B). 3. Test the horn by momentarily connecting L _.t ...
ECM/PCM Idle Learn Procedure
The idle learn procedure must be done so the ECM/PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics. Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions: - Replace ECM/PCM. ...
Forward Collision Warning (FCW)*
Alerts you when it detects the possibility of your vehicle colliding with the vehicle in front of yours. If the system determines a collision is possible, it gives both visual and audible alert ...
Fuel Fill Pipe Removal/Installation
1. Drain the fuel tank (see page 11-309). 2. Remove the fuel fill cap. 3. Remove the left rear wheel. 4. Remove the fuel fill pipe cover (A). 5. Disconnect the quick-connect fittings (A) ( ...