Honda Accord: Hood Adjustment
1. Remove these Items: - Front grille cover: - 2-door (see page 20-274) - 4-door (see page 20-274) - Cowl covers (see page 20-278) - Hood latch cover, 4-door (see step 2 on page 20-302) 2. Slightly loosen the hood hinge mounting bolts (A) and the hood latch mounting bolts (B).
3. Adjust the hood (C) alignment in the following sequence: - Adjust the hood right and left, as well as forward and rearward, by using the elongated holes in the hood hinges (D).
- Turn the hood edge cushions (E), in or out as necessary, to make the hood fit flush with the body at the front and side edges.
4. Adjust the hood latch (F) to obtain the proper height at the forward edge, and move the latch right or left until the striker (G) is centered in the latch.
5. Tighten each bolt to the specified torque.
6. Check that the hood opens properly and closes securely.
7. Apply touch-up paint to the hinge mounting bolts and around the hinges, and let the paint dry.
8. Apply multipurpose grease to the hood latch and the hood hinges as indicated by the arrows.
9. Reinstall all of the removed parts.
Braking System Design
The hydraulic system that operates the brakes has two separate circuits. Each circuit works diagonally across the vehicle (the left-front brake is connected with the right-rear brake, etc.). ...
Steering Gearbox Installation
Special Tools Required -Subframe Adapter VSB02C000016* -Subframe Alignment Pin 070AG-SJAA10S -Engine Support Hanger, A and Reds AAR-T1256* -Engine Hanger Adapter VSB02C000015* *: Available throug ...
Trim Removal/Installation - Pillar
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 A-Pillar Trim SRS components are located in this area. Review the ...