Honda Accord: Function Test
NOTE: The right power mirror is controlled by the front passenger's power w i n d o w s w i t c h . W h e n t h e power mirror s w i t c h is o p e r a t e d , t h e d o o r m u l t i p l e x c o n t r o l unit receives t h e signals f r om t h e power m i r r o r s w i t c h and sends t h e signals t o t h e f r o n t passenger's power window switch. If there is malfunction of the right power mirror actuator operation, do the door multiplex control unit input test (see page 22-391) and front passenger's power window switch input test (see page 22-394).
Left Power Mirror Function Test
1. Remove the power window master switch.
вЂў 4-door (see page 22-305) вЂў 2-door (see page 22-306) 2. Disconnect the 13P connector (A) from the power mirror switch ( B ) and 37P connector (C) from the power window master switch'(D).
NOTE: The illustration shows 4-door.
3. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
4. Measure the voltage between body ground and terminal No. 2 of the power mirror switch 13P connector with the ignition switch ON (II). There should be battery voltage.
вЂў If there is no battery voltage, check for: - Blown No. 16 (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box.
- An open in the LT GRN wire.
вЂў If there is battery voltage, go to step 5.
5. Check for continuity between terminal No. 6 and body ground. There should be continuity.
вЂў If there is no continuity, check for: - An open in the BLK wire.
- Poor ground (G501).
вЂў If there is continuity, go to step 6.
6. Connect terminals No. 2 and No. 10, and terminals No. 5 (or No. 12) and No. 6 with jumper wires. The left mirror should tilt down (or swing left) with the ignition switch in ON (II).
вЂў If the left mirror does not tilt down (or does not swing left), check for an open in the GRY (or YEL) wire between the left mirror and the 13P connector.
If the wire is OK, check the left mirror actuator.
вЂў If the mirror neither tilts down nor swings left, repair the PUR wire.
вЂў If the mirror works properly, check the mirror switch.
AM/FM Antenna Repair
NOTE: To make an effective repair, the broken section must be no longer than one Inch. 1. Lightly rub the area around the broken section (A) with fine steel wool, then clean it with isopropyl al ...
Audio Unit Removal/Installation
With Navigation SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations (see page 24-23), and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or service. ...
Dashboard/Steering Hanger Beam
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component l ...