Honda Accord: Front Seat Active Head Restraint Inspection
NOTE: If the vehicle has been in a collision, always inspect the active head restraint, even if they appear reusable, by doing the following procedure.
1. Driver's seat (manual height adjustable seat) /passenger's seat: Fold the seat-back forward, then recline the seat-back to the first lock position, and adjust the head restraint to the highest position.
2. Driver's seat (10-way power seat): Move the seat-back to the fully upright position. Raise the head restraint to the highest position.
3. Apply masking tape on the top of the head restraint.
4. Make marks (A) on both sides at 255 mm (10.0 in) upward from the roots of the head restraint frame (B) along the back of the head restraint (C) surface. Use the center point (D) between the two marks for the measurements in step 5.
5. Push the head restraint (A) forward, and measure the horizontal head restraint movement. The head restraint should move more than 50 mm (2.0 in) without resistance. If it is less than 50 mm (2.0 in), or the head restraint does not move smoothly, replace the seat frame assembly: - Driver's seat (see page 20-208) - Passenger's seat: - 2-door (see page 20-211) - 4-door (see page 20-212)
Component Location Index2-door 4-door ...
Front Seat Removal/InstallationSpecial Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component ...
Dust and Pollen Filter
This filter removes the dust and pollen that is brought in fromthe outside through the heating and cooling system/climate control system. Have your dealer replace this filter when this serv ...
Your Vehicle’s Safety Features
Your Vehicle’s Safety Features Your vehicle is equipped with many features that work together to protect you and your passengers during a crash. Some features do not require any action o ...
Rocker Arm Oil Control Valve
All models except PZEV 1. Remove the strut brace (see page 20-306). 2. Disconnect the rocker arm oil control solenoid connector (A) and the rocker arm oil pressure switch connector (B). 3. Re ...