Honda Accord: Front Brake Disc Replacement
NOTE: Keep any grease off the brake disc and the brake pads.
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1 -13).
2. Remove the front wheel.
3. Remove the brake hose mounting bolt (A).
4. Remove the brake caliper bracket mounting bolts (B), then remove the caliper assembly (C) from the knuckle. To prevent damage to the caliper assembly or the brake hose, use a short piece of wire to hang the caliper assembly from the undercarriage. Do not twist the brake hose excessively.
5. Remove the brake disc flathead screws (A).
6. Remove the brake disc (B) from the front hub.
NOTE: If the brake disc is stuck to the front hub, thread two 8x1.25 mm bolts (C) into the brake disc to push it away from the front hub. Turn each bolt 90 degrees at a time to prevent the brake disc from binding.
7. Install the brake disc in the reverse order of removal.
NOTE: Before installing the brake disc, clean the mating surfaces between the front hub and the inside of the brake disc.
8. Inspect the brake disc runout (see page 19-19).
9. Clean the mating surfaces between the brake disc and the inside of the wheel, then install the front wheel.
Front Brake Disc InspectionRunout 1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13). 2. Remove the front wheels. 3. Remove the brake pads: NISSIN type (see page 19-14), AKEBONO type (see page 1947) 4. Inspect the bra ...
Front Brake Caliper OverhaulFrequent inhalation of brake pad dust, regardless of material composition, could be hazardous to your health. - Avoid breathing dust particles. - Never use an air hose or brush to clean brake ...
• Use only high-quality CD-R or CD-RW discs labeled for audio use. • Use only CD-R or CD-RW discs on which the recordings are closed. • Play only standard round-shaped CDs. • CDs with M ...
Adjusting the Seat Positions
Adjust the driver's seat as far back as possible while allowing you to maintain full control of the vehicle. You should be able to sit upright, well back in the seat and be able to adequatel ...
Optional The cargo net can be used to help hold down items stored in the trunk. ...