Honda Accord: Electrical Compass Zone Selection and Calibration
NOTE: вЂў You should do this procedure any time the electrical compass unit is replaced.
вЂў You should do this procedure in an open area away from buildings, power lines, and other vehicles.
вЂў If you see " " and the CAL
indicator is shown in the audio-HVAC display, the electrical compass unit is self-calibrating.
вЂў The electrical compass unit may need to be manually calibrated after exposure to a strong magnetic field. If the electrical compass unit seems to be continually showing the wrong direction, and is not self-calibrating, do the following.
1. Check the No. 15 (10 A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/ relay box and the No. 5 (7.5 A) and the No. 18 (7.5 A) fuses in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), then press and hold the MENU button (A) until it beeps (about 2 seconds).
3. Turn the selector knob (A) to select ZONE.
4. Press t h e s e l e c t o r knob (A) t o enter y o u r selection.
The d i s p l a y s h o w s t h e c u r r e n t l y selected zone number.
NOTE: If necessary, press t h e RETURN b u t t o n (B) t o return t o t h e p r e v i o u s d i s p l a y . Pressing t h e MENU b u t t o n (C) cancels t h e electrical compass s e t t i ng mode.
5. F i nd t h e zone f o r y o u r area o n t h e m a p . If t h e correct zone is n o t s h o w n , t u r n t h e selector knob to cycle t he zone list u p o r d o w n .
6. Once t h e correct zone is displayed, press t h e selector knob. The display t h e n returns t o n o r m a l .
7. T u r n t h e selector k n o b t o select CALIBRATION.
8. Press the selector knob to enter your selection. The display shows PUSH CAL START.
9. Press the selector knob, the compass display will blink and the CAL indicator is shown.
10. When the calibration is successfully completed, the CAL indicator goes off and the compass display will stop blinking and show an actual heading.
NOTE: вЂў While setting, pressing the RETURN button returns to the previous display. Pressing the MENU button (A) cancels the compass setting mode.
вЂў The audio system is not related to the compass system. Even if the compass system is calibrating, the display returns to the normal display which you selected last.
вЂў Do this procedure in an open area, away from buildings, power lines, and other vehicles.
This feature, when activated, plays all files in the current folder in random order. To activate folder random play, select FOLDER RANDOM by using the interface knob, and press ENTER on the ...
Hazard Warning Switch
1. Remove these items: вЂў Center vent for w i t h navigation system (see page 20-178) вЂў Audio unit for without navigation system (see page 23-115) 2. Remove the hazard warning switch (A) ...
Lever-Locked Connector Disconnecting To disconnect the connector, pull the lever (A) while pushing the lock tab (B) down, then pull the connector (C). Connecting To connect the connector, push ...