Honda Accord: Driving Preparation
Check the following items before you start driving.
• Exterior Checks
• Make sure there are no obstructions on the windows, door mirrors, exterior
lights, or other parts of the vehicle.
- Remove any frost, snow, or ice.
- Remove any snow on the roof, as this can slip down and obstruct your field of vision while driving. If frozen solid, remove ice once it has softened.
- When removing ice from around the wheels, be sure not to damage the wheel or wheel components.
• Make sure the hood is securely closed.
- If the hood opens while driving, your front view will be blocked.
• Make sure the tires are in good condition.
- Check air pressure, check for damage and excessive wear.
• Make sure there are no people or objects behind or around the vehicle.
- There are blind spots from the inside.
When doors are frozen shut, use warm water around the door edges to melt any ice. Do not try to force them open, as this can damage the rubber trim around the doors. When done, wipe dry to avoid further freezing.
Do not pour warm water into the key cylinder.
You will be unable to insert key if the water freezes in the hole.
Heat from the engine and exhaust can ignite flammable materials left under the hood, causing a fire. If you've parked your vehicle for an extended period, inspect and remove any debris that may have collected, such as dried grass and leaves that have fallen or have been carried in for use as a nest by a small animal.
Also check under the hood for leftover flammable materials after you or someone else has performed maintenance on your vehicle.
• Interior Checks
• Store or secure all items on board properly.
- Carrying too much cargo, or improperly storing it, can affect your vehicle's handling, stability, stopping distance, and tires, and make it unsafe.
• Do not pile items higher than the seat height.
- They can block your view and may be thrown forward in the event of sudden braking.
• Do not place anything in the front seat footwells. Make sure to secure the floor mat.
- An object or unsecured floor mat can interfere with your brake and accelerator pedal operation while driving.
• If you have any animals on board, do not let them move around in the vehicle.
- They may interfere with driving and a crash could occur.
• Securely close and lock all doors and the trunk.
• Adjust your seating position properly.
- Adjust the head restraint, too.
• Adjust the mirrors and steering wheel properly for your driving.
- Adjust them while sitting in the proper driving position.
The headlight aim is set by the factory, and does not need to be adjusted. However, if you regularly carry heavy items in the trunk or tow a trailer, have the aiming readjusted at a dealer or by a qualified technician.
• Be sure items placed on the floor behind the front seats cannot roll under
- They can interfere with the driver's ability to operate the pedals, the operation of the seats, or the operation of the sensors under the seats.
• Everyone in the vehicle must fasten their seat belt.
• Make sure that the indicators in the instrument panel come on when you start the vehicle, and go off soon after.
- Always have a dealer check the vehicle if a problem is indicated.
Maximum Load LimitThe maximum load for your vehicle is 850 lbs (385 kg). See Tire and Loading Information label attached to the driver's doorjamb. This figure includes the total weight of all occupants, cargo, an ...
Front Door Panel Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required -KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* -Trim Pad Remover Snap-on A 177A, commercially available *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 2-do ...
If a Child Requires Close Attention
Many parents say they prefer to put an infant or a small child in the front passenger seat so they can watch the child, or because the child requires attention. Placing a child in the front s ...
Disc Changer Error Messages (Models with navigation system)
The chart on the right explains the error messages you may see in the center display while playing a disc. If you see an error message in the center display while playing a disc, press the ej ...