Honda Accord: Driveshaft Removal
Special Tools Required
-Ball Joint Thread Protector, 14 mm 07AAE-SJAA100
-Ball Joint Remover, 28 mm 07MAC-SL0A202
1. Raise and support the vehicle, (see page 1-13) 2. Remove the front wheels.
3. Pry up the stake (A) on the spindle nut (B), then remove the nut.
4. Drain the transmission fluid, then reinstall the drain plug with a new sealing washer: -Manual transmission (see page 13-5) -Automatic transmission (see page 14-192) 5. Hold the stabilizer link joint pin (A) using a hex wrench (B), and remove the flange nut (C). Separate the front stabilizer link (D) from the lower arm.
6. Remove the damper fork mounting nut (A), the damper fork mounting bolt (B), and the damper pinch bolt (CL then remove the damper fork (D).
7, Remove the cotter pin (A) from the knuckle ball joint, then remove the castle nut (B). Separate the ball joint from the lower arm (C) using the 28 mm ball joint remover and the 14 mm ball joint thread protector (see page 18-10).
NOTE: -Be careful not to damage the ball joint boot when installing the remover.
-Do not force or hammer on the lower arm, or pry between the lower arm and the knuckle. You could damage the ball joint.
8. Pull the knuckle outward, and separate the outboard joint from the front hub using a plastic hammer.
9. Left driveshaft: Pry the inboard joint (A) from the differential using a prybar. Remove the driveshaft (B) as an assembly.
NOTE: -Do not pull on the driveshaft, or the inboard joint may come apart. Pull the inboard joint straight out to avoid damaging the oil seal.
-Be careful not to damage the oil seal or the end of the inboard joint using the prybar.
10. Right driveshaft: Drive the inboard joint (A) off of the intermediate shaft using a drift punch and a hammer.
Remove the driveshaft (B) as an assembly.
NOTE: Do not pull on the driveshaft, or the inboard joint may come apart.
11. Remove the set ring (A) from the left driveshaft inboard joint.
12. Remove the set ring (A) from the intermediate shaft.
Supplemental restraint system (SRS)
The Accord SRS Includes a driver's airbag in the steering wheel hub, a passenger's airbag In the dashboard above the glove box, seat belt tensioners in the front seat belt retractors, side curtai ...
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA ), aka Electronic Stability
Control (ESC), System
The vehicle stability assist (VSA) system helps to stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the vehicle turns more or less than desired. It also assists you in maintaining traction while ac ...
Rear License Plate Light Bulbs
The license plate has two lights above it. The bulbs should be replaced by your dealer. ...